GameBoy BitBoy

Started by TrekMD, August 17, 2015, 23:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:s2jg3j8a][/align:s2jg3j8a]

For those who own a GameBoy Camera, here is a new bit of hardware that will help you easily get any pictures you take with it out of the system and onto your computer:  The BitBoy!  This device was created by Alexander Bahr out of frustration with existing methods for extracting pictures from the GameBoy Camera.  With the BitBoy you can have the photographs taken written onto an SD card which you can then easily download on a computer.  Not only will the BitBoy help you with pictures but also will "print" to the SD card any content from games that used the GameBoy Printer.

The BigBoy will be sold later this year for $65.  More details can be found here:  BitBoy.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

amazed that people are still using the Gameboy Camera as a serious device, I always felt it was more a gmick than anything to be seen as serious, but apprentice this guy does, producing a cool little extraction device. Or you could go to the Google store and Google "Retrospec" that does every computer , console resolution and style in a very cool photo app for your phone!! Available for iOS and android.

I'm wondering how many people will invest in one of these ? Just seems a little bit of a waste of time, not to the guy himself but, as a commercial addon?

Saturn

That's WILD.. and long over due. Just too bad the market (probably) isn't there like it was at one point 8)

zapiy

Crazy idea but also very clever.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I guess it's just something to travel through memory lane.  Even if the pictures aren't of great quality, it's just a nifty thing.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...