Controversial Games

Started by TrekMD, July 19, 2015, 17:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deKay

Quote from: "zapiy"Bully by Rockstar Games is very controversial, loads of Violence, bullying and sex in a school.  :113:

I wouldn't say any of those things were controversial!

I also don't recall any sex, at least, not between the students. Some peeping Tom-ery yes, but sex? Maybe I missed that.

zapiy

I guess its more down to the fact the game openly played on the "Bully" idea where that in itself is controversial.. Sex is prolly to strong, kissing and the suggestion of sex in there from what I remember.. Been a long time lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

MadCommodore

Rocket Ranger on Amiga, ST and C64 (certainly not the NES release) because you would probably be put in prison if you pixeled so many Nazi symbols into a game. I don't even know how it got released in the 90s! (obviously home computer versions were not allowed in Germany...possibly amended to remove all offending symbols a la NES version prior to release).

Of course it is one of the finest examples of Cinemaware gameplay and it's not like you can choose sides but still kinda iffy.