4th Annual Carol vs. The World! Championship Underway

Started by DZ-Jay, December 06, 2015, 23:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DZ-Jay

[align=center:2faebk63]AtariAge and that dude who made a game some time ago present...
[size=240][font=trebuchet ms:2faebk63]Carol vs. The World![/font:2faebk63][/size]
[size=100][font=trebuchet ms:2faebk63]2015 Championship[/font:2faebk63][/size][/align:2faebk63]

[size=140][font=trebuchet ms:2faebk63]Get Ready... Go![/font:2faebk63][/size]
It is Christmas time once again and the third annual Carol vs. The World! Championship is upon us.  Throughout the entire month of December, all boys and girls -- naughty or nice -- will have the opportunity not only to earn bragging rights, but to win actual prizes!

This year, in an effort to encourage novices and newcomers to play, we are changing things a bit. We will separate the veteran players in their own category, so that they will not compete with newer players for prizes. We hope that this will balance the contest better and make it more fair to newcomers.

There will be two categories:  The regular players and the special "Elite Knight Elf" for veterans players, each with their own rankings and prizes.  Veterans are those who have won awards or have submitted scores higher than 1,000 points in previous competitions.  Please visit the Contest Rules and FAQ pages for more details on contest rankings.

[align=center:2faebk63][/align:2faebk63]

All that said, there are prizes for players of all skill levels, veterans and novices alike, and many other surprises!  We encourage everyone to participate, submit their score, and join in the fun!

Once again, we've partnered with AtariAge to include some more great prizes!  The Top Players on each rank will receive a [font=times new roman:2faebk63]$25.00[/font:2faebk63] gift certificate for the AtariAge Store, and the Grand Prize winner will be awarded a [font=times new roman:2faebk63]$50.00[/font:2faebk63] gift certificateHow's that for a stocking stuffer?

We've also changed the top prize!  At stake this year is a custom-designed, one-of-a-kind Ultimate Video Arcade Marquee.  Made with the same process and materials that classic arcade cabinets use, it will look just as great on your MAME cabinet or wall.  Plus, the winner gets to help design his own Christmas Carol themed artwork!

[align=center:2faebk63][/align:2faebk63]

Like every year before, the championship starts at Midnight (EST) on December 1st, and goes all the way until Midnight (EST) on January 1st of the new year.

The rules are simple:
  • Play the Christmas Carol game on your Intellivision® console or PC.
  • At the end of the game, record your final score by taking a photograph or screen-shot of the game screen. This will serve as proof of your score.
  • Announce your points to the judges by posting the image right here or sending it via e-mail to the judges at: .  Be sure to include the name you want to have displayed on the leaderboard.
  • Wash, rinse, repeat as many times as you'd like, until the contest deadline of December 31st, 2015.

That's it! There's nothing to buy and no registration required.  Whether you play the game cartridge on an Intellivision® console, or the ROM edition on a PC or Mac, it's all the same.  Just send us a photo or screen-grab of your score and you're in!

We'll post all entries to the Official CvW Leaderboard as they come in, where they forever will remain immortalized on the Internet.

[align=center:2faebk63]Will you save Christmas from the twiggy arms of the Evil Snowman?
Is the Ghost Of Christmas Presents your friend or foe?
Can you attain a Perfect Christmas?
[/align:2faebk63]

Join us in the official discussion thread of the CvW Championship at AtariAge, or start a lively conversation here -- let's all play and have fun!

[align=center:2faebk63][size=240][font=trebuchet ms:2faebk63]MERRY CHRISTMAS![/font:2faebk63][/size][/align:2faebk63]

Helpful Links:

Download ROM Right Here:

TrekMD

Coolness.  I've been a bit too busy to get started but I do plan to participate.  I want to see if I can do the 12 days straight to get that accomplishment.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DZ-Jay

Cool!  Also, I invite again the past contestants, JoeMusashi, zapiy, Greyfox, etc.  New prizes, new rules, same old pixelated fun! :)

-dZ.

zapiy

Why not, will try and beat my old score at least. Cheers and good luck with it fella.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

You should, Zap.  The game certainly is worth it.  :)  Plenty of people participating in Atari Age.  We need to get some participation going here.

DZ-Jay

Yes, you all should play.  We can do like last year:  have our own rankings on this forum. :)

-dZ.

DZ-Jay

I'm throwing down the gauntlet and challenging you all!

Join me in the 2015 edition of The Birthday Challenge!

-dZ.

TrekMD

I wasn't even in town to be able to play with my Intellivision.  :(  Happy Birthday!

DZ-Jay

Saturn

Good grief, I saw that someone at AA had surpassed the 5000 mark at level 36 :13:
And that was from page 14. I didn't read the entire thread.

TrekMD

There are some experts out there.  I have to see if I can break my record from last year and that was somewhere int he 2000s!

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"There are some experts out there.  I have to see if I can break my record from last year and that was somewhere int he 2000s!
That's quite a feat! I haven't hit that mark yet. This game gets tough and the white ghost is on speed or something :21:
My best for the evening:

TrekMD

Saturn

Thanks! I'm playing now but off my game tonight. Haven't made it past level 4

TrekMD