The Retro VGS is now the COLECO Chameleon!

Started by Shadowrunner, December 17, 2015, 14:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

I'm not sure if I'll be getting one of these or not but I am keeping an open mind about it till we see more info. Need to see the price too, hopefully they can get it low enough that they have a chance.

zapiy

Some of those looks awesome, especially the 16bit games.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

From their Facebook page:

QuoteGet ready for our Kickstarter date reveal happening here on our Facebook page live from Toy Fair NY at 9:30 AM ET next Saturday, February 13th. Then come back daily at 9:30 AM ET where we'll reveal a new Kickstarter Reward beginning with the Limited Early Bird Retail Package/Price

Only a couple days and we should know what's going on with this :113:

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Great that the time's almost here. Hoping for the best

Shadowrunner

There's a new twitter account for this, and they just announced that the price is going to be $150 and it will be FPGA based, now that's a good price!

https://twitter.com/colecochameleon/sta ... 7315792896

I'm not 100% sure what FPGA is all about, but from what I've read it sounds like it's close to an emulator but it should be pretty much identical to the original hardware. If anyone around here knows more about this please chime in :)

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Thanks Trek :)

I'm reading that the twitter account I linked to above isn't an official account. I'm not sure where they are getting their info from, but I guess take it with a grain of salt until something more official get's announced.

AmigaJay

Wow good price, and yeah its basically hardware emulation instead of software, meaning much closer results to the real hardware, looking forward to more details again.

Edit : that twitter account is fake, its still the retrovgs one, so i guess no price is announced yet.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

zapiy

Cracking stuff from the team. They should be applauded.

Saturn

Nice video! The system looks like a lot of fun and tight as hell sitting in that clear protective case. I hope this is a reality soon so I can throw money at it. Love supporting this stuff! :111:

TrekMD