The Sega 32X

Started by TL, October 10, 2012, 19:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "Tomleecee"After a bit of info more than anything (and I'm not a trader by any means!), but I recently got hold of a complete boxed copy of Stellar Assault for the 32X...apparently it's worth a fair bit? Can anyone give me any pointers as to how much it's worth (and why?!). Was it a limited production or something?

I found a page with some information about the game here:  Stellar Assault.  Did you get the Japanese version or the EU version?  The Japanese version apparently sells for about $75 on average.  I don't find anything saying that the release was limited or that there are differences between the original Japanese release the the game elsewhere.  So, I'm not sure as to why it sells for so much.  The US version (which for some reason had its name changed to Shadow Squadron) usually sells for about $20.  I don't see many of these selling, so I wonder if they indeed are a bit rare.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Tomleecee

It's the EU/PAL version. Thanks for finding that info though - I did a bit of Googling myself and all I could find was a few threads on various forums but nothing really explaining why the game is so revered

TrekMD

I think it is revered because it is one of the few good titles for the 32X and rather unique for when it was released. 

Ben

Quote from: "TrekMD"I think it is revered because it is one of the few good titles for the 32X and rather unique for when it was released.
Just picking up on that, this is a title that was worth some decent money in the US, before the rise of ebay.  It's kind of the inverse of Neo Geo games; when you had to resort to digging through piles at flea markets and used game stores, it was selling for some good money, but now that you can just do a search for it, the supply is way higher than the demand for 32x games.  It is a great game, though, I haven't played it in years but I remember thinking it was a pretty worthy Star Fox rival at the time.

TrekMD

The comparison to Star Fox is one I've read and heard a couple of times.

TL

Quote from: "Tomleecee"After a bit of info more than anything (and I'm not a trader by any means!), but I recently got hold of a complete boxed copy of Stellar Assault for the 32X...apparently it's worth a fair bit? Can anyone give me any pointers as to how much it's worth (and why?!). Was it a limited production or something?

The reason it's rare is because it was one of the later 32X games and so was only made in small numbers as the market was very limited, that simple really.

Tomleecee

I see. Thanks for clearing that up Laird!

TL

TrekMD

That is pretty nifty. A nice compact version of the system that is even compatible with the 32X (even if it looks fugly).  Quite expensive on Ebay, I see. 

TrekMD

So, for anyone who has a 32X and has experienced the add-on failing, this video may come in handy.  Check out how to fix a faulty 32X.  :)

[align=center:wwjr4u8x]http://blip.tv/play/AYOW5WEC.x?p=1[/align:wwjr4u8x]

TL

[align=center:10g34ovq][/align:10g34ovq]

TrekMD

To the X-treme, eh?  Genesis does to the X-treme!  ;)

TL

64bitRuss

I have a mint condition copy of Knuckles Chaotix and never played it. That is one nice looking game though. I'm not a huge Sonic fan I guess, but I should definitely play this game sometime.

TrekMD

Looks like the opinion on this game is mixed.  Some people love it, some hate it.  It certainly looks nice.