Any Acorn Archimedes love?

Started by dcultrapro, March 14, 2012, 12:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

looks awesome! your telling me that would run on an Acorn system? would it have to be modified or anything?
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"looks awesome! your telling me that would run on an Acorn system? would it have to be modified or anything?

The Archimedes is a 32-bit RISC based system remember, it was actually the first system to have a RISC chip long before the Atari Jaguar or 3DO. Its CPU is the ancestor of the ARM chips that are now found in just about every mobile device in the world right now. ARM was a part of Acorn and their legacy still lives on today in this respect.

guest4451

I used to play it on a bog-standard A3000. Archies were powerful machines.

TL

TL

Acorn Archimedes feature from The One:

TL

[align=center:22utd06b]A really long video this but a classic blast to the past:

Acorn Computers Ltd - 1987[/align:22utd06b]

Greyfox

Very interesting stuff there mate..I'll have booked this for late night screening ;)

retromod

oh yes, I have had a 305 with all kind of SDK for about 4000 Eur. finally it was a waste of money because there was no demand for it beside england. I've bought them to be able to port games from Amiga, Atari ST and PC as I've done so far for many titles - but no publisher have had one project for it!

So I played a little bit around watching the impressive speed and gfx/sound capability but as there were no titles available in europe I've sold them finally after 2 years for less.....
http://www.konsolen-mod.de for mod showroom and configurator

TL

RPC_GAMES

H Guys, we have a RiscPC600 with hardly any software for it. Is their a website where we can download game demo's or games for the RiscPC600?

Pete  :4:

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

RPC_GAMES

Thanks Zapiy, I'll check it out.

Pete  :4:

guest5985

Since we started the Amigos podcast, over the course of my research I've found quite a few Amiga games that were ported over to the Acorn Archimedes. Since then, I've become somewhat fascinated by the machine.

Did anyone here own one back in the day? What drove you to purchase one instead of an ST or an Amiga? Did the BBC Micro's connection to schools make it a reliable choice for schools wanting to get into 16 bit systems, and by extension, their students' families?

Shadowrunner

I know next to nothing about the Acorn, but this thread has some of the info you're looking for. http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=328.0

Welcome to the site :)

guest5985

Perfect, thanks! I did search but didn't find that thread.