Demoscene The Amiga years Vol. 1

Started by zapiy, December 30, 2020, 23:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

A new book about the Amiga demoscene was recently launched.

QuoteIn 1990 Seen and Paleface decide to create Melon dezign, they tell us their debut until the release of their first game. Discover the underside of State of the Art a production of the Spaceballs group. An interview with Mark Knight alias TDK on his personal and professional carrer, but also Audiomonster from Melon dezign. A big thank you to Zebig who helped us with sketches of their Arkham Asylum demo. Another demo "Booo" from Melon dezign where Heatbeat tells us about the creation and origin of the music.

Desert Dream by Kefrens, but also an interview with Stripe the gremlin the coder of Talent. 1993 a very prolific year in terms of demos with Fairlight and 242, the Lemon. group of course with Dan and Facet, Arte from Sanity where Ra and Moby will explain their work on this French/German demo, as well as the details of the making of 9 Fingers from Spaceballs.

View more here https://www.editions64k.fr/shop-detail.html

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

onthinice

I know very little about the Amiga and just from the cover alone the book looks very informative.

Greyfox

The book is fantastic and will pick it up sometime this year. my only concerns are how well a french author translates to English logic when it comes to the writing. But I believe they've had good help on this. I was very much in the Demo Scene on the Amiga back in the day myself so this is very appealing to me.