[Bitmap Soft - BS001 & BS002] RVG Blast and RVG Blast 2[Atari 2600].

Started by theloon, July 21, 2014, 19:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: Greyfox on August 30, 2016, 13:45:21 PM
Okay, I've had a go, i took the elements from the game screen Trek gave me and recreated from the templates I made 2 years ago now..so with that here are the results..

Cartridge Label

Manual Cover reskin

Cartridge collection mock up

Hope you like the previews, I'm aware that these are NTSC(Label designs?) I have a pal one too with the red strip that Atari ran with nearing the machines end..I've yet to upgrade the images too..

I might not be able to give this more time as I'm knee deep in another project, so if things need changing let me know as soon as you can etc...

cheers.

Looks great!

Greyfox

thanks pal..appreciate the comments, I hope it fits the tone of the game now :)

TrekMD

It sure does.  I can't remember if I had written a manual for this or not.  I need to check as the text will need to change now that the game is different.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Its flipping awesome GF, how the hell can one man have such talent..8)

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Quote from: zapiy on August 30, 2016, 19:59:03 PM
Its flipping awesome GF, how the hell can one man have such talent..8)

Haven't a fucking clue man..I'm still figuring that out myself....what's that? ...get back!...........get back in your box..........I told you............

poundlander

Definitely very, very cool Greyfox!  Thank you for your work.

The colors are surreal enough to be agreeable on NTSC and PAL.  I don't know how the TVs over there take it on real hardware though.  I'd definitely try it on a flash cart before mass production.
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

Saturn

That looks phenomenal! Some outstanding work there amigo 8)

Greyfox

Where you guys are ready and require the art work, I'll send over the full highres versions 👍

poundlander

Did you guys find a good cart maker on your side of the pond?  I have a friend from SAIDAI games (Super Trash Truck) that could use such a craftsman.
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

zapiy

I am working on something as I type this but no promises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

poundlander

Should we move this to a different console?  Are sega genesis cart makers more available in Europe?

TrekMD

Seems like a nice idea.  The game could be enhanced also.  Not sure how Zapiy feels about it.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I am more than happy to look into what your suggesting..

The easiest route to market will be best for me as that way we are not reliant on lots of different people.

poundlander

I'm working on a contract for a sega genesis shmup.  Afterwards I could take the engine and re-imagine RVG Blast.

zapiy

I'd love that pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk