RVG Improvements and Ideas you'd all like to see??

Started by zapiy, March 14, 2012, 10:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Ok all, we have some fantastic ideas in place already.

The Game Review Section
The Chatbox
The Retro Music Player
The Retro Shop Directory

These i hope make use stand out so i thank those guys for those ideas.. Lets not stop there, if you have a cracking idea let us hear it. We can not promise to utilise it but we will sure look into them.

Cheers all.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

I was thinking, but maybe it would be a cliché, as there is lots of gaming / other forums doing this, but what a about a Gaming Arcade up top, with flash versions of old classics games can be played, and maybe be able to hold a RVG Tournaments etc.. here at the site? could be good, as there is some fantastic remakes out there. But I wouldn't go over board with them.. too many games to play = No posting activities.

Greyfox

Another Ieda that's come to mind, what a review section for IOS retro related remakes, there are allot of classic games been now remade for Ipad / Itouch & Iphone, say a review of a game eg. battle Squadron (Amiga) has been ported to IOS device, and compare it to the original one?

just a simply Idea of a V.S. review on this subject

zapiy

Good ideas and worth looking into.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Just giving this thread a bump?

suggestions and ideas improvements you'd love to see are always very welcome to RVG, so if you have any. Fire Away :)

WiggyDiggyPoo

This is more of a request for content but do we have a.beginners guide to x.thread or section.

What I mean if I wanted to start collecting Jaguar for.instance, why price should I be paying, what dealers are reputable, what issues should I be were of etc etc

I know we have 'best game' threads but this more of factual info if that makes sense.

Happy to add my own knowledge where I can and apologies if we have this already and I've missed it!

zapiy

Actually a great idea. Perhaps we should knock up a Buyers Guide.

avick

Yeah, that's a great idea!  There is so much conflicting information out there, and so many unscrupulous sources, that it can be a minefield.  At least if it is written and maintained by members of this site, then it is trust worthy!

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

WiggyDiggyPoo

Cryptic33

I like the arcade idea, most forums do have these and yes, it must be limited. Maybe you could have a small number of games which you change bi-monthly or quarterly, effectively creating a new competition each time.

The buyers guide is very interesting and I saw there is some interest for this in the dedicated thread, good luck.

I'm sure some of you have your own sites and blogs etc so a list of approved/affiliated sites may be helpful.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Yeah we can do that also. More than happy to have a links area.

zapiy

Greyfox

it seems the members are shy here ehh?.. come on!!, you can't expect me to think of everything now can you? :21:

AmigaJay

Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018