Any Intellivision owners?

Started by zapiy, March 05, 2012, 22:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I have a system III, not used it in a long time

Wondered if any others have any of their systems?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"I have a system III, not used it in a long time

Wondered if any others have any of their systems?

I have never even played on one or even seen one in the flesh.

However when I was in Kart Klub in Aldershot a couple of months ago they had a nice stack of boxed Intellivision games there!  8)

dot.fyre

zapiy

Thats ok pal, not a huge fan myself.  I do love the way the controllers slip into the top of the machine though.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dot.fyre

That's the best place for them!  :D
Never liked those 8-way discs.

CeefaxOfDelphi

only experienced it via  a plug and play I bough from woolies for a fiver.  Some fun games.

Did many people in the UK own one?  they seem rare

TL

Quote from: "CeefaxOfDelphi"only experienced it via  a plug and play I bough from woolies for a fiver.  Some fun games.

Did many people in the UK own one?  they seem rare

I know it was released in the UK but it didn't do very well at all which explains why I have never seen one.

CeefaxOfDelphi

to be fair I don't remember anyone with an Atari VCS or Colecovision either when I was young - but maybe they were just a few years before my time.   was probably pricey back in the day

tomwaits

I bought an Intellivision II for cheap during the early 80's crash. I have a dozen or so games for it, but it never got much play time.

One of my friends had an INTV back in the late 70's, and the two player 'battle' strategy games were fun. More depth than any of the 2600 games. (Sea Battle, Armor Battle, Space Battle, etc.) They started to look archaic pretty quickly though. By the time I bought an INTV I had moved on to the Atari 800 and games like Eastern Front were far beyond the INTV strategy games. And, the Atari 800 (and maybe 2600?) were better than the INTV for any arcade style gaming...

dubchaser

I have one.  Bought it unboxed from a carboot some 5+ years ago.  Came with around 5 boxed games.  I played each game for a few mins or so.  The unit then sat under the bed in a carrier bag for a few years.  It then moved to under my game TV in the spare bedroom.  I've not played it since the first time. 

Not seen any more games to add to my collection for it in the wild.

To be honest I forget I have it most the time.

CeefaxOfDelphi

i wish had started collecting properly 5 or 10 years back - i imagine pre-ebay a lot of 'exotic' consoles were going for pennies... 

zapiy

Very true, collecting these days is more mainstream.

CeefaxOfDelphi

i don't know why I am moaning - I once got given a Vectrex someone found in their loft - I've had my share of luck!

TL

Quote from: "CeefaxOfDelphi"i don't know why I am moaning - I once got given a Vectrex someone found in their loft - I've had my share of luck!

WOW!  8)

TL

What are the best games for this?

Would be cool if somebody posted a thread on what is worth getting.