New Retro Handheld: Evercade

Started by Shadowrunner, July 05, 2019, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

This is looking nicer by the day.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Less than two months till launch and this just keeps getting better. Today they announced an Atari Lynx collection with 17 games, including some Songbird titles.

Full list and details here . With the HDMI out you will even be able to play these on your TV.

Can't wait to get mine!

zapiy

Yes this is looking better and better.

Really impressed with the lengths they are going to.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Yeah I've seen a couple good reviews. Sounds like the only negative is the HDMI out feature, it connects straight to the console and without a dock or anything.

Unfortunately it's now been delayed till May 22nd because of the manufacturing delays out of China. Damn coronavirus!

zapiy

does seem to be hitting all the right spots.

TrekMD

There's a delay in release due to, you guessed it, COVID-19.  I just got this today...

-----------------------------------------------
Funstock

An Update.

Hi,

We would like to take this opportunity to update you on the release date of Evercade.

With the continued external challenges surrounding COVID-19, there will be a minor final delay.

This final delay is the final stage of the process. Stock is now on it’s way to retailers across the globe.

Once this stock arrives with the retailers, it will be sent out locally from each retailer to you. This process will likely take another 1-2 weeks on top of the 22nd of May release date we were targeting.

What this means.
This means that the new release date is now a release window. We had tried to achieve a simultaneous global release date, however, the external challenges have made this nigh-on impossible and our focus now is on delivering the stock to you, simply as fast as we can. Without any imposed embargoes surrounding a ‘release date’.

Our commitment to you, the customer, is to get the Evercade to you as fast as possible. This means that some people will get it sooner than others. We apologise for this. But we also strongly believe this is the right strategy.

Our focus is on getting you your console as fast as possible.

With this in mind. The release window will be:
22nd May â€" 5th June

Please note: this is based on typical delivery times from couriers. A lot of countries are experiencing further delays on top of the normal expected service â€" of which, we have no control.

This means some customers will potentially receive their stock, in-line with our ‘release date’ and others (due to the retailers needing to ship these locally, in a very challenging environment) it could potentially be as late as the 5th June.

We thank you all for your continued support and for sticking with us.

In more positive news
We will be announcing a new cartridge in May, with an additional cartridge to be announced in June, which would mean we have 14 cartridges in total for 2020.

â€" Evercade

DeadVoivod

The only negative for me is still the very small screen. That's why I lately (last several years) stay completely away from handhelds.

Shadowrunner

A larger screen would be nice for sure but the added cost would probably hurt sales. The low price of this is one of it's best selling points.

As for the delay, it's just shipping time. I've waited this long, I can wait another week or two. :)

DeadVoivod

Quote from: Shadowrunner on April 24, 2020, 19:25:08 PM
The low price of this is one of it's best selling points.

For some perhaps yes, but maybe a lot of people won't buy it exactly because of the small screen, like me. Difficult to please everyone I guess. The price is quite low, but only for the console itself, cartridges being 20$ each is steep.

zapiy

Where are you lot ordering from?

Shadowrunner

I ordered mine from Funstock. I think they're the only ones who have the black model but I see other retailers have been added and they're selling the white one.

TrekMD

zapiy

I’m proper interested in this now. I can only say they really have done a good job on this.