New Retro Handheld: Evercade

Started by Shadowrunner, July 05, 2019, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: zapiy on May 21, 2020, 23:55:45 PM
That’s a real shame and should not happen. That’s a negative for sure.

Quote from: TrekMD on May 22, 2020, 01:15:55 AM
I ordered the black one as well.  Given that's a limited edition, I'd wait for it.  This whole mess with COVID-19 is just affecting everything!!!

Oh for sure I understand delays because of the virus, but I still think they are handling this very poorly. Funstock was the only retailer who was there day one. If sales had flopped no other retailer would have signed on. Regardless of delays, they should have made sure that Funstock received their shipment first. Even if that meant other retailers and countries had to wait a little while longer. Take care of the people who took a chance and put down money last year.

That said, I don't know to do. I really do like the look of the black one better but when will I get it? According to the latest email my order should ship in the next two weeks. With all the delays in shipping from outside the country it will probably be another month after that before I actually see it. That's late June and I could have plain white one next week. . .

TrekMD

You make a good point that if Funstock was the first retailer, why are they not getting it first? Could it be a matter of volume?  Maybe they have a larger volume of orders and that is delaying their shipment further?  Perhaps the Canadian retailer ordered fewer units and they chose to send those first.  I'm just guessing but even that would not be the best thing to do. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Yeah I assume it's a volume issue like you said. Still not right but not much I can do about it.

Shadowrunner

Well, I went the crazy route and ordered a second one before the first has even arrived lol.

I'll probably just leave the black one sealed and keep it as a collectible. Who knows, it could be worth something some day. I have a couple more games coming with the other one too so I just got the starter pack plus the Piko collection.

Played it a bit last night and I really like it. Only complaint is the cartridges are REALLY tight! Putting them in isn't too bad but taking them out I though I was gonna break the thing. The cartridges need to be trimmed a little so they aren't so wide. Otherwise I like the size and the weight of it and the d-pad and buttons all feel good. :)

TrekMD

Cool!  Glad you like the system!  :)

zapiy

Glad you like it mate. Whats the load times like?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

There's a couple logos that come up when you first turn it on but after that it's just like playing a cartridge on an old console. Everything is pretty much instant.

TrekMD

I got my tracking info for my Evercade!!! 

Shadowrunner

Cool!

My other one is on it's way now too. Watch it show up really quick now lol.

TrekMD

Quote from: Shadowrunner on June 05, 2020, 15:07:58 PM
My other one is on it's way now too. Watch it show up really quick now lol.

But of course! Murphy's Law!  They KNEW you had bought one already!  LOL

zapiy

Lol, anyone want to do an article for the main page?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Sorry Zap, I wouldn't even know where to begin writing an article. :-\

Another new cartridge was announced today!

Treasure Island Dizzy
BMX Simulator
Fantastic Dizzy
Super Robin Hood
Go! Dizzy Go!
Dizzy The Adventurer
Panic Dizzy
DreamWorld Pogie
FireHawk
Wonderland Dizzy
Mystery World Dizzy

All of the profits from this release are going to charity too which is very nice of them!

TrekMD

Yes, got the emails about that.  I love the idea that the sales of this cart go to charity.

Shadowrunner

Couple more games arrived!

I have to admit when I first saw they were doing Namco collections I said pass, just cause I assumed it would have the same games that have been on every Namco collection since the PS1. Once I saw the list of games though I was pleasantly surprised. There are the classics for sure but there's a lot of games that I've never seen on their collections before.

TrekMD

Cool!  Looks like my Technos cartridge will be arriving before the console!  I can thank COVID-19 for that!  LOL