The Philips CD-i

Started by TL, May 15, 2013, 16:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Classic commercials  :113: Too bad Phil Hartman isn't with us anymore, loved him on the TV show News Radio.

TrekMD

LOL  Those are some commercials! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Wow, that Flintstones and Jetsons game looks just like the cartoons!

Vyothric

I played The Apprentice a couple of months ago. It is a good game, but bloody hell is it hard. I couldn't finish it.

TrekMD

Bobinator

My cousin actually used to have a CD-i a really, really long time ago, so long ago I don't even know how I still remember he had one. I know he had Battleship, which is... well, Battleship. He had this one other game, though...

Mystic Midway: Rest in Pieces (CD-i Gameplay)

Mystic Midway: Rest In Pieces. The best "be constantly made to feel inadequate by a very fat man/shooting gallery" simulator you'll find for the CD-i OR MS-DOS! ...Seriously, though, it's a pretty OK game, although good luck getting past Level 3. It's not very deep, though, and it feels more like a minigame you'd play to win extra lives in a bigger, better game.

It's a shame they tried to market the CD-i so hard as a game console. They could have beaten the DVD player to the punch, if they were smart, but...

Arethius_RGC

Nice videos at least someone talking quitelly aboutr the CD-I and without insulting it.

TrekMD

Now, that's a surprise!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Now, that's a surprise!

I am not a Mario fan but I am sure this would have gone down well had it been finished.

Oh, I'm sure it would have!

TrekMD

Ben

I like the GameSack guys in that they give consoles a fair shake for the most part (I wish they had put more into the Jag review, but that's neither here nor there).  I think this is the best CD-I video that I've seen.

TrekMD

I'm not very familiar with this particular console, so the video was pretty informative for me.  They usually do a good job in their videos.  :)

Ben

Quote from: "TrekMD"I'm not very familiar with this particular console, so the video was pretty informative for me.  They usually do a good job in their videos.  :21:

zapiy

Yeah sadly the cost was it's downfall in the end. I have a vast collection that I bagged many moons ago that I am thinking about moving on now.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC