Acorn – A World in Pixels – Book (BBC Micro/Acorn Electron)

Started by zapiy, December 30, 2020, 23:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

A new book celebrating the wonderful world of the BBC Micro and Acorn Electron, certainly one I am interested in.

Quoteelebrate the visual games history of the BBC Micro and Acorn Electron with this case bound book, contained within a beautiful slip case.

"From the moment you gaze at Ste Pickford’s excellent cover and read Iain Lee’s intro you know a lot of love has been poured into this book. Its real strength comes once you get to the extensive game section ... the entire book is rammed with developers who supported the machine in its halcyon days, from Tim Dobson (Monsters) to Mat Newman (Fortress) and Ian Bell (Free Fall). Every notable game is covered, including a great piece on Elite from both Ian Bell and David Braben." Retrogamer Magazine, November 2020

“This book is called ‘Acorn â€" A World in Pixels’, and that is an ideal description: the Acorn software world is a creation of discovery using pixels. What a fascinating journey it has been with so much inspired creativity and enthusiasm! My abiding memories of the 1980s Acorn world are of wonderful, innovative years. I hope readers find that this book gives them a real sense of the excitement and magic of those times!” Richard Hanson â€" Superior Software

More here https://www.idesine.com/products/acorn-a-world-in-pixels

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

Yeah, this is an awesome book and one worth diving into for how cool the Acorn and BBC micros were.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC