What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I hear you about the prices of some of these games.  For some, I've resorted to getting reproductions because the originals are just prohibitive.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Vyothric

RPC_GAMES

All on (mame) Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Dig Dug, Moon Patrol, Gyruss, River Patrol, Space Invaders, Tetris and a couple more which I can't remember.

Oh, I just remembered Elevator Action. I made it down 4 times :4:

Vyothric

Bobinator

Quote from: "Vyothric"Starshot: Space Circus Fever (N64)

Do not play this game.

As somebody who spends a lot of their time playing this sort of thing, what's so bad about this particular 3D platformer? You have me curious, now.

Vyothric

It has one of the worst cameras I've ever seen/experienced. I've played a lot of 3D platformers too. The level design is just...well, there is no design - it's like you're playing randomly generated worlds with no logic/structure. You will fall off things constantly because of the camera and it's one of those games where there are a lot of platforms to fall off...into space most of the time. It's extremely frustrating. It's not one of those games that's so bad it's worth playing just to see - it's just bad. There was some stuttering in places too.

If you're looking for a "lesser known" platformer for the N64 - Duck Dodgers is ace, Goin' Quackers is fun....I'd probably put Tonic Trouble in that "best of the rest" group too.

Vyothric

There were also times like this when I got stuck and had to restart:

http://youtu.be/0YdF_dlQrb8

Vyothric

guest5158

Last night and this morning:

Altered Beast (Megadrive)
Streets of Rage (Megadrive)
Tomb Raider (N-Gage)
Tomb Raider (PS1)
X Files (PS1)
Runabout 2 (PS1)

Vyothric

guest5225

I've been playing a little bit of Wacky Wheels. I'm still finishing up on the last few levels (last world) of The Lost Vikings (which I loved and didn't know that it was so challenging). And I'm planning to play some Lego Racers, Blake Stone, Aladdin and Lion King (PC).

[align=center:3v4iwdpq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-2_hT9-4#t=11[/align:3v4iwdpq]

[align=center:3v4iwdpq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqN5XpC6NqU#t=11[/align:3v4iwdpq]

Vyothric

Vyothric

Extreme-G 2 (N64)

Also did the duel mode to unlock the other extra bike.

Much preferred the first Extreme-G. Didn't like this one much at all. Frame-rate felt lower, track design was horrible and there were more tracks so it just felt tedious. "Let's make a game with really fast bikes, that you can't actually go fast with because we'll make the tracks too narrow with loads of turns". They really went overboard making all these weird squiggly tracks. I've never seen anything quite like it. Most of the tracks were really dark too.

Vyothric

Tarzan (N64)

Played this with my new Saturn controller.

The game.....meh, not a lot to say about it except for one bug that I encountered. On the level "Trashing the Camp" I kept finishing the level with 99% over and over again and couldn't figure out why. I eventually watched a couple of videos and found that in a different version (PS1) there were 3 coins where I only saw 1 - turned out they were actually there but invisible. So I was able to get 100% completion but that was lame.