Video Games: The Board Games

Started by TrekMD, September 01, 2015, 01:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Video games were such a thing in the 80's that they inspired even board games based on the same video games we played in the arcades.  Did anyone ever play with these?

[align=center:2eyvoid0]

[/align:2eyvoid0]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I seem to remember having a Zaxxon board game as a kid, but I think that's the only one I've ever played. Don't really remember anything about it though.

TrekMD

Is this the one?

[align=center:2ryxejcq][/align:2ryxejcq]

Shadowrunner

That's the one :) The box art was different but that's definitely the game.

Edit:

Here's the one I had.

Saturn

I think I had Donkey Kong when I was about 9. Never really got around to playing it a lot as the instructions were about 4 (huge) pages long and at that age I didn't really have the time or inclination to read, understand and execute that amount of info lol. I think my parents and I ended up making our own rules for it... which would explain why I always won.. now that I think about it :4:

TrekMD

Greyfox

these are wonderful , I never seen these over here in Ireland, must of been an American trend with arcade video games been so popular in the early eighties. They would be worth a pretty penny now in a pristine state.

TrekMD

I know that Zaxxon board game was available both in the US and Europe.  That's why there was different box art.

TrekMD

Here are three more games.  I must say, it had to take some creativity to come up with these games...

[align=center:10epu5fd]

[/align:10epu5fd]

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"So, you played Donkey Won!  :21:

Quote from: "Saturn"I think I had Donkey Kong when I was about 9. Never really got around to playing it a lot as the instructions were about 4 (huge) pages long and at that age I didn't really have the time or inclination to read, understand and execute that amount of info lol. I think my parents and I ended up making our own rules for it... which would explain why I always won.. now that I think about it :40:

TrekMD

Maybe there was a DK Jr board game.  Haven't seen one yet on a search, though.

TrekMD

Saturn

Would love to have that board game. Playing appears to be slow paced but a great novelty anyway. :67:

TrekMD

The fact they made it into a board game and that it works is ingenious. 

Saturn

Yeah, I was checking out the layout of the board and noticed it was equal on the 4 'corners' Pretty awesome technique as no one has an edge starting out. I was starting to think the dice were loaded after the first few rolls. Then the guy hit two sixes lol. (if I was seeing it correctly)