The Sega Saturn Thread

Started by TL, May 17, 2012, 17:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

my DBZ just arrived for Saturn, must say I'm not impressed with the disc quality so far, we shall see when I get in if it plays ok I guess... I'll be uber pissed if it doesn't lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"my DBZ just arrived for Saturn, must say I'm not impressed with the disc quality so far, we shall see when I get in if it plays ok I guess... I'll be uber pissed if it doesn't lol

I have a WWF In Your House that looks like it wouldn't work in a million years its so scratched and somehow it does  :o

dcultrapro

lol, cool, well heres hoping!
Ultrapro on xbox live

dcultrapro

ok I just had a look for it and saw that game you mentioned, Galaxy Force 2, and I found the following on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=g ... &_osacat=0

a: worth getting do you think?
b: is it a genuine copy would you say?

I had a bad experience with an item from Ebay recently that had a pretty reasonable price which turned out to be bootleg... I'm guessing/hoping this is realt
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

That deffo looks real to me because it has the spine card, great price too.

Do you have a modded Saturn to play imports or do you use a Action Replay cart?

dcultrapro

I use a replay cart, can't be bothered to try and get a modchip, way too much effort lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"I use a replay cart, can't be bothered to try and get a modchip, way too much effort lol

Same as, works a treat. I also like keeping my consoles "original"

TL

Yesterday I decieded to spend the whole afternoon catching up with my Sega Saturn. I was looking through my CD wallets for games that I either havn't played in ages or played once and for some reason never went back to.

One such game was Crime Wave by Eidos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmSRrfNcMI

In many ways it's kind of like Grand Theft Auto as you basically drive around shooting and smashing up other cars. Except in this game you are a cop and you have to catch the criminals, I suppose it's like GTA meets Chase HQ!

Anyway I am starting to think this game is a bit of a hidden gem and I am wondering why I never played it more before!

TL

dcultrapro

hey bud, whats the dungeons and dragons game like then?
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"hey bud, whats the dungeons and dragons game like then?

I will let you know when I have given it a good play, I hear its identical to the arcade version. If so then I am in for a real treat!

zapiy

Was looking for my Saturn yesterday. Can I find it? Nope. Gutted.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dcultrapro

utterly adore my Saturn, I was planning to do a top 5 consoles video series soon but I've not had the time. I've written a rough guide or script for it and I know what consoles/games I wanna showcase, just gotta find the time and a way to film the vids so I can move around and show games etc... not sure how i will solve it yet
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

A real balst from the past here, the first look at the Sega Saturn on UK TV show Bad Influence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22AHr6-r ... re=related