New Sega Genesis/MD Homebrew - Paprium

Started by TrekMD, March 25, 2017, 02:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Well, looks like the Paprium saga isn't over yet.

The party in Paris went ahead and the game was there and playable. . . but there were no enemies on screen. I saw some footage on Youtube and it was just the main character walking through the environments.

Also, I haven't tried sending an email but people are saying all the email addresses have been deactivated.

I'm not ready to say it was a scam and the game won't be finished, but I'm getting close and there are a lot of people who already feel that way. The only reason I'm not giving up completely is I just can't understand why they would have this big party if the game wasn't going to be finished. Why spend the money?

This whole thing is very strange! I'm just glad I only pre-ordered one copy of the game. If it doesn't get finished I'm out $100 but some people ordered multiple copies and have a lot more money invested.

TrekMD

Wow, that is really bad.  How unfortunate that there are people taking advantage of those of us who are into retro gaming by doing stuff like this.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

From what I've read there is only one person left at the company. He's the main programmer of the game and a major control freak, and he pretty much forced out everyone else that worked on the game.

I can understand problems with making the game and running out of money, but why he would send out that email saying it was done and have a party to show it off?

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner

I don't believe it, it's actually shipping! It's a Christmas miracle ;D

zapiy

Lol, its unreal mate, I saw this news earlier.

Lets hope it plays as well as it looks.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

onthinice

Shadowrunner

There is one guy I follow on Twitter who worked on the game and he already has a copy. He says it does play as good as it looks. He might be a little biased of course but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Just looked back to see when this first started. Before they named it Paprium it was just known as Project Y, which was announced in 2012! https://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1068.0

TrekMD

So, since this is delivering, we now get videos of it.  I must say, it looks fantastic!  Check out John Hancock's look at the game.

zapiy

Did you pick it up Trek or anyone for that matter?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I had forgotten about it but, yes, I did order it.  I got a notification that it is being shipped but no tracking info yet.

zapiy

I am hearing loading issues on various versions on the Megadrive/Genesis.

I hope yours is not one mate.

TrekMD

Apparently there are ways to get around it.  If you hook up the entire tower (Genesis/SegaCD/32X) there are no issues.  So, I may just do that. 

Shadowrunner

It's here! It took 2 months but the status finally changed from shipping to shipped and it arrived today.

I'll post a couple pics and my thoughts on it after I play it a bit this weekend. :)