The Largest game case/box??? EVER....

Started by zapiy, December 27, 2014, 18:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I just had a thought after going through some of my games and i noticed that newer games come in small compact cases or boxes.

So whats the largest one that you own??

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Two of my largest boxes that I can think of in a pinch are for two Atari 7800 games I own:  F-18 Hornet and Pete Rose Baseball.  I'm not sure why Absolute decided to make larger than normal boxes but those are the largest ones I own. 

[align=center:2nzap2ni]

[/align:2nzap2ni]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

64bitRuss

TrekMD

Quote from: "64bitRuss"Steel Battalion for Xbox.
That's because of the controller, right?  Then I suppose I should also include Star Raiders and Indy 500 for the 2600!  Both of those came with special controllers and I have them both.

64bitRuss

Yeah those are larger boxes, but don't even come close to comparing to the behemoth Steel Battalion. One of the things to consider as well is that this was the only way to buy Steel Battalion, whereas Star Raiders and Indy 500 could be bought as cartridge only. They had multiple SKUs. In that sense, Rock Band and Guitar Hero games have huge boxes due to the controllers, but had individual game SKU's as well. The Rock Band box was pretty big, moreso than the Steel Battalion box probably.

TrekMD

Finding a boxed Steel Battalion like that must be quite expensive nowadays. 

deKay

Quote from: "TrekMD"Finding a boxed Steel Battalion like that must be quite expensive nowadays.

It was quite expensive at the time - £120 IIRC!

TrekMD

Quote from: "deKay"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Finding a boxed Steel Battalion like that must be quite expensive nowadays.

It was quite expensive at the time - £120 IIRC!

Hmm, interesting.  That's close to $200.  I just looked on ebay and I see them selling for $300 to $400, so they have gone up but not as much as I'd expect.  Maybe its the "limbo" status of the original Xbox that's doing that.  I've heard the game is excellent, though.

zapiy

Jesus thats a huge box.. Where to store it lol..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

64bitRuss

I couldn't find a good picture, but I believe The Great Wall Street Fortune Hunt for Odyssey 2 had a large box. Anyone confirm? That would be a real classic there.

RetroFox

I dont own any personally, but surly NeoGeo wins the biggest case competition =D The carts alone are monsters! lol

RPC_GAMES

I know we're talking about game cases but does computer boxes come into this category? The Amiga 500 box is massive, we have one in our warehouse. I'll try and dig it up and take a photo of it.

Pete  :4:

zapiy

Quote from: "RetroFox"I dont own any personally, but surly NeoGeo wins the biggest case competition =D The carts alone are monsters! lol

Good point but I don't think they ever came in a proper box other than for shipping did they?

64bitRuss

Neo Geo homecarts come in high quality, very durable clam-shell style cases. Think mega-drive clam-shells, only twice as big, and twice as thick.

zapiy

They are huge and awesome. They take the win.