Forum Layout

Started by zapiy, June 30, 2016, 19:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I like it as it is, TBH. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Wow guys. Thank you sooooo much for the feedback. Every now and then a little feedback like that goes a long way with me. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest5740

Looks cool as is.  Pleas leave it.

Gorf

I've had no problems so it fine for me.

TrapZZ

Yup! I haven't been around for awhile - but life has settled down and I'm starting to lurk again - I think it's great as is.
Join my brother and I as we drink beer and review every US NES game ever made (the actual games on the actual hardware, not emulated).
http://www.brothernights.com

wyldephang

My only complaint with a forum that has a lot of categories (as helpful as they may be) is that, when there's a lack of interest in a particular system or topic, that category may not see much traffic and members may start to feel discouraged from making new posts if they think no one will ever read them. Right now, though, I think the categories are drawing enough attention to merit staying as-is. I've been to other forums where there were too many sub-boards that looked like graveyards; it's something that always bothers me a little when I see it.
- Ryan

zapiy

Thanks all, gosh faith is restored lol..

@wyldephang yeah that was the reason for the thread ultimately but like you say we just about have the right amount of posting going on at the moment at least..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

OboShape

Im liking the way it is just now, clean and IMO nice to navigate and read :)
Powered by Nescafe

Non illigitamus carborundum

Cryptic33

I don't mind as I am not on here that much so I am always having to look around. Personally, I have always found forums with a lot of content a little difficult to navigate. However, here you have tried to keep things as simple as the format will let you and I am getting used to it so I am happy for things to stay as they are. That said, I don't mind change if it makes things easier for everyone :)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Vadergb

I like Retro systems sorted by manufacturer.
I use the new posts feature to see whats current, I would have Trading/Buying/Market Place in a separate area but to be fair that's not overly used.

tomwaits

The new layout looks fine to me. :)

My only question would be which subforum should be used for multi-platform games?

zapiy

Maybe if it's that generic perhaps the Retro Chat board??

And thanks for the continued positive words people...

ArcadeAction

I personally do enjoy how it is. I think it is great to be able to search for specific topics you are looking for, but having them divided up also points out and brings my attention to threads that I might otherwise miss, especially since some sections will tend to be more popular than others and then sometimes they would otherwise get less exposure and be more buried.

davyk

It's fine as it is. You could argue there are too many thread sections and some of them are pretty sleepy but not sure what a better alternative is as it's good to have console-specific areas. On balance I'd leave it as is.

zapiy

Thanks for that feedback guys... Much appreciated.