The Sega Game Gear Discussion Thread

Started by Dreamcast Gamer, December 21, 2017, 21:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Oh, that's not so good then.  Can you repair them?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Dreamcast Gamer

I could, but I already purchased another Game Gear :D.  This one has been recapped so for now I have a working Sega Game Gear :)

TrekMD

TrekMD

For anyone with a Game Gear, this video should be of interest.  I have the McWill for my Atari Lynx and it is night and day. 

Sanddancer

Just added a mcwill 2021 game gear to the collection fully recapped aswell, the picture quailty is amazing, wasnt cheap but totally worth it :-)

TrekMD

I agree.  These upgrades to the screens are really awesome and well worth it.

Shadowrunner

Sanddancer

Yeah I'm going to give it a good test tomorrow with some different games, I was also looking on eBay to add more games and the prices for some game gear games have jumped massively one I picked up for a few quid like cj the elephant seem to be going for 75+ now. Has the mcwill screens made more people interested in the game gear pushing the prices up?

zapiy

I might have to get one. How much are they?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Sanddancer

Not cheap I paid £180 for the 2021 version with brightness adjustment, but the seller does a great job only puts them up now and again so I waited for him to make another one rather then risk a shoddy job and a fake screen. , here's the ebay link, if u want to message him.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324501852881