New Sega Genesis/MD Homebrew - Paprium

Started by TrekMD, March 25, 2017, 02:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Does you cart have the lose metal piece? I need to open mine to either take it out or reglue it.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Yeah I haven't tried it yet but there is definitely something loose inside lol. Did a quick google search and I see some people just saying to remove it which sounds good to me. Never heard of a heat sink inside of a cartridge before and I really can't see why it would need it. Ordered a screwdriver from Amazon to remove the screws in the back of the cart and it's supposed to be here Sunday.

TrekMD

I think I have that type of screwdriver already.  I need to open the cart and either remove or glue back whatever the hell it is moving around.  I think it is not a heat sink.  I believe it is a metal plate with the number for your cart. 

Shadowrunner

Ok, haven't tried it out yet but here are some pics.

I opened it up and took out the heat sink/serial # plate so now I just have to find one of my Sega Genesis consoles that will play this. I have model 1, 2 and a CDX so I'm sure one of them will work.

Still have to find out what's inside the little square package at the bottom. Also before anyone asks, I have no intention of opening the black pouch lol.

If you can't zoom in close enough to see, pics are also here https://twitter.com/Shadowrunner07/status/1366408973994221577

TrekMD

It's definitely a nice package.  I already ordered the screwdriver to remove the metal piece.  If I can see the spot where it is supposed to be on, I'll glue it with one of the superglues that I have.  The controller is really cool, btw.

Shadowrunner

Do you mean the arcade stick that some people have been showing pictures of? It is nice but I didn't get one. It was a separate item that you could buy.

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Oh that's cool. :) Did you post pics? I thought maybe I missed them but I looked and don't see any.

TrekMD

I think I only posted a picture on the thread that has my collection.