FreePlay Florida 2021

Started by TrekMD, November 24, 2021, 03:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

This past weekend, November 19-21, I went to Orlando for FreePlay Florida.  It had been three year since I last went since I missed the 2019 event (I was on a cruise).  It was fun being able to go back to this event, seeing friends, and meeting up with several of the video game celebrities.  Here are some sample pictures and a link to my Google Photos album....

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Great pictures! That Pitfall one is really cool. :)

TrekMD

Glad you liked them!  Yes, that was really cool.  I wasn't sure it would hold my weight, so I did not lift my legs from the floor.  Of course, I saw significantly heavier people take that chance!  LOL  By the way, did you notice your most favorite player in one of the pictures?  ;)

Shadowrunner

Lol yeah I saw Billy was there. Are him and Walter friends again? I thought they had a falling out.

TrekMD

It would seem they are in good terms since Billy was the one doing the trading card awards with Walter attending "virtually."

tomwaits

Awesome pics! Nice to see a few Godzilla pinball tables.

TrekMD

Glad you like them.  I tried several times to play those Godzilla tables but I had no luck.  There were 4 tables and they always had a line.  I even went late at night to see and not even then.  At least I got to play on the Star Trek table.  ;)

tomwaits

Godzilla pinball just started shipping last month, so four tables set to free play would have been a treat for pinball fans.

Stern's Star Trek pinball has been around for a while and is available in Pinball Arcade. On PS4 it's included in the Stern pack 1 bundle which is on sale for $5 until Thursday. (Base game is free) The older ST:TNG table was also available, but they lost the publishing rights and it was delisted. Both are great tables with a similar layout.

TrekMD

Oh, I have those on my PS4.  :)  Thank you! 

zapiy

Looks like you had a good time mate.

Was you there all weekend?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, it was fun.  I was there from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.  This is always a fun event because it is not huge but has plenty of arcade machines and there are good vendors and video game celebrities who come.  The latter vary from year to year but there are always some folks there. 

zapiy

I might attempt to attend the 2022 event is COVID does one.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD