Recent posts

Commodore Chat / New C64 Game
Last post by zapiy - April 08, 2024, 20:52:42 PM

Team "Pixelbrei Games" Announces "Timo's Castle" for Commodore 64, Partnering with Bitmap Soft for Physical Release

Zurich, April 8th 2024 – A recent announcement has sent waves of anticipation throughout the Commodore 64 community as a small team of enthusiasts, renowned in the C64 scene, revealed their latest project. Originally announced on April 1st, 2024, as a homage to a classic 40-year-old platformer, the project faced unexpected hurdles in aligning with the original IP.

In light of these obstacles and out of utmost respect for the original intellectual property, the team has made the decision to undergo significant revisions to ensure a successful release. The game, now titled "Timo's Castle," promises to deliver an unforgettable retro gaming experience while upholding ethical and legal standards.

The protagonist of "Timo's Castle" has undergone a transformation, embodying the essence of the original character while incorporating fresh elements. A sneak peek at the new hero's appearance can be viewed at https://timoscastle.com igniting excitement among fans and newcomers alike.

Despite these changes, the team remains committed to their initial vision, and thus, the target release date of May 1st, 2024, remains unchanged. Fans can mark their calendars with confidence, knowing that the wait for "Timo's Castle" will soon be over.

In a thrilling development, the team also proudly announces a partnership with Bitmap Soft to oversee the physical release of "Timo's Castle". Jamie Battison and Darren Doyle, owners of Bitmap Soft, expressed their enthusiasm for the collaboration, stating, "We are excited to be a part of this awesome project. There are great things to come!"

The physical release of "Timo's Castle" is slated to be available in Summer 2024, providing collectors and enthusiasts with an opportunity to experience the magic of retro gaming firsthand.

For further updates and information regarding "Timo's Castle," stay tuned to the official channels of the development team and Bitmap Soft.
Retro News & Chat / Re: Latest Retro Purchases (Ga...
Last post by zapiy - April 08, 2024, 20:03:52 PM
You must do lol.
Atari Chat / Re: Atari Archive
Last post by TrekMD - April 08, 2024, 04:51:53 AM
I have actually never played Starmaster!  I've played Star Raiders and Phaser Patrol, though.  The latter is my favorite for this type of game.
Last post by TrekMD - April 08, 2024, 04:50:54 AM
Quote from: zapiy on April 07, 2024, 20:27:32 PMWhere do you store you collection? Mansion?

I own a T.A.R.D.I.S.!
Introductions / Re: Hello again... !!
Last post by zapiy - April 07, 2024, 20:33:17 PM
Hi mate, been very quiet around here over the past few years TrekMD has been a legend along with a few others..

Maybe time to rekindle.
Commodore Chat / Re: Spheroid - Amiga Puzzle Ga...
Last post by zapiy - April 07, 2024, 20:31:44 PM
Sorry Andy, I know I said we would release this on Bitmap Soft, just been snowed under to be honest.
Last post by zapiy - April 07, 2024, 20:27:32 PM
Where do you store you collection? Mansion?
Last post by zapiy - April 07, 2024, 20:26:05 PM
Not a game i know much about.

Thanks for sharing bud.
Last post by TrekMD - April 07, 2024, 18:34:05 PM
StarMaster: Atari Archive Episode 71

Retro News & Chat / Re: TrekMD's Collection
Last post by TrekMD - April 07, 2024, 03:50:29 AM
Latest bit of hardware that I've gotten...

Atari 400 Mini