Billy Mitchell Banned from Twin Galaxies

Started by Shadowrunner, April 12, 2018, 17:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Looks like Twin Galaxies have finally seen enough evidence that Mitchell was cheating and they have wiped out all of his high score records and banned him from ever competing again!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/12/17228994/billy-mitchell-king-of-kong-high-scores-vacated-banished

I've never liked the guy ever since I watched the movie The King of Kong so this is great news to me.

zapiy

Can't say I'm surprised, I don't know the guy and I'm sure there will be plenty of people on his side, just a sad state of affairs really.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Couldn't have happened to a nicer Narcissist for the level of self-entitlement, condescendence and the sheer audacity for years and years faking those scores and misleading those that actually thought that this person was a gaming legend only to find out he's nothing more than a red neck bullshit con artist lying piece of shit cheat..he and his supremacist followers should now all line up , stick their heads up their arse and disappear. R.I.P. Bill Bitchell!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Why thank you...Zapiy.... :D

someone .....Call security....

Shadowrunner

zapiy

Lol. Good job I never got GF to review that movie the guy was in. Lmfao.

Greyfox

Hmmmmm..... 8)

King of Kong was great for the underdog in that film, when in actual fact he himself was the Champ...poetic justice FTW!

TrekMD

Doesn't come as a surprise with all the stuff that has been going on.  Unfortunate, really.  I've met Billy and he's nothing like what you see in the movie.  Sad that he cheated about the scores.  He was always there at FreePlay Florida.  I'm guessing he will be nowhere around this year. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

I heard about this the first time some months ago, thought he was already banned. Good riddance anyway. Cheat for yourself, as I do sometimes with PC games, but don't brag and fool other, honest people.

zapiy

Best thread in weeks lol.

I guess someone must have grassed him up?

Shadowrunner

I had to look up what "grassed him up" meant. lol

There's a guy who used to work for Twin Galaxies by the name of Patrick Scott Patterson. He had a falling out with Billy Mitchell and ever since he's been trying to prove he was a fraud and get him banned. This was many years in the making. There were other people who suspected he had cheated as well but Patterson was definitely the most vocal about it.

TrekMD

Sounds like something similar to what happened with Todd Rogers. 

Greyfox

Well, the latest is now that, the Guinness book of records has now reigned fire and brimstone on him now by removing his Pacman Run and the DK stuff, looks now Bill has gone from bullshit hero to hot sauce zero. He is never going to recover from this, the People vs. Bill Bitchell have won and this cheat is now floored ...BooM!

TrekMD

Quote from: Greyfox on April 13, 2018, 21:43:17 PM
...bullshit hero to hot sauce zero...BooM!

Funny you should say that because he has his own brand of hot sauce.  Here is the picture of the bottle I got from him for free at FPF last year.   ;D