What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"LOL  I wanted to play some PS4 this past weekend...spent several hours doing updates!  Nothing like grabbing a cart, plugging it in, and playing!
Yes! Seems every time I power my PS4 on, there's more to download.... and wait.

Having a go w/ Revenge of the Mutant Camels in Virtual Jaguar. This game is nuts 8)

Spoiler for a stage 2 password:
[spoiler:3f7do4sg][/spoiler:3f7do4sg]

"Entering Beastly High Score Thang":

High score for the day:

Shadowrunner

I find most of Jeff Minters games to be a little nuts :21: I wonder if the Jag game Attack of the Mutant Penguins took inspiration for it's name from this game?

Saturn

Yeah, anything's possible and since there are so many homages to JM in Jag games, I fully believe it's related in some way. Minter rules! :111:

Saturn

Was trying to play Gauntlet II in VJ but that shortcut from level 1 to level 6 pretty much did me in. The walls are invisible and with life constantly draining, I didn't stand a chance. Pretty much gave up after I couldn't find a 'map' or route on the net.

Where to go?

Saturn

Switched over to Beebris for the Jaguar. Great Tetris-like game but the pieces are uncommon and it's harder (for me) to play. Adds difficulty :113:

TrekMD

I've never played those Mutant Camels.  Need to check them out.  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

One of the settings for gameplay includes an AI helper. A little goat dude that walks on his hind legs lol. He's like the AI Droid in Tempest 2000 and helps you. I always play with that little hombre at my side
Great stuff!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Saturn"One of the settings for gameplay includes an AI helper. A little goat dude that walks on his hind legs lol. He's like the AI Droid in Tempest 2000 and helps you. I always play with that little hombre at my side
Great stuff!

LOL

Saturn

Dove back into Gauntlet II and got to level 7 ;) )
Entered level 6 and didn't move until I heard a sound. I think that was the door's opening automatically as I'd read on-screen between levels. Found my way around and BAM! outta the frying pan and into the fire :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7k6KAvxsPI

Shadowrunner

I'm still hoping they release a cart of this!

Saturn

So am I! 4 players with a Team Tap would make it much easier anyway :113:

Anyway,:

TrekMD

They really need to make Gauntlet II into a cart release!  How are you playing it?  CD or using the flashcart?

Saturn

I was playing in Virtual Jaguar above. Haven't flashed it to a Skunkboard but might make a Rev 2 into a dedicated 'cart' of it at some point. Would be fun to modify a cart shell w/ the micro USB access port at the top. Just need to find my Dremel 8)

Vadergb

I got a £4 15" Crt last weekend and I have played loads of 8Bit and 16Bit since. I have always had the opinion that CRTS are essential for arcade games, that's why both my cabs have CRTS but I cannot believe how good the NES,PCE,SMS,MD and Snes looked with scan-lines.

Saturn

Played Rebooteroids for about 6 hours today in Virtual Jaguar. Here are my two highest scores:

And here's a code from the higher of the 2

8)