The Atari Jaguar Thread

Started by zapiy, January 26, 2011, 00:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yeah I have seen the FFL beta on cart before and considering the price it goes for this isn't that bad a deal, if a person knew which beta was which that is. I'd really like to know what the Defender 2000 beta is like, I'll have to do some digging and see if I can find any info on it.

Can always download the ROM from Jaguar Sector II and then try it in Virtual Jaguar. I know for a fact that commercial versions of Defender 2000, Rayman and AVP work on it as I was playing them just this week to get screenshots for an article I have written.  :16:

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yeah I have seen the FFL beta on cart before and considering the price it goes for this isn't that bad a deal, if a person knew which beta was which that is. I'd really like to know what the Defender 2000 beta is like, I'll have to do some digging and see if I can find any info on it.

Can always download the ROM from Jaguar Sector II and then try it in Virtual Jaguar. I know for a fact that commercial versions of Defender 2000, Rayman and AVP work on it as I was playing them just this week to get screenshots for an article I have written.  :)

TL

Jag_Slave

Cryptic33

The comment at the end says it all  :24: I do get pissed off with the lack of knowledge out there even though I am not up to speed, I do know sour grapes when I see/hear them (I know that doesn't make a lot of sense lol). Nice find Laird
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

AmigaJay

http://fb.me/274cmJKwS

New Jag CD homebrew game out now.
Sorry if its posted elsewhere couldn't see it.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TL

Quote from: "AmigaJay"http://fb.me/274cmJKwS

New Jag CD homebrew game out now.
Sorry if its posted elsewhere couldn't see it.

Tarted up version of Jetpac

Cryptic33

That looks quite good, well done.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

DreamcastRIP

From the video footage I've seen I thought it looked mediocre at best. The sort of effort that'd just about pass for a free PD game on an old Atari ST magazine cover-mounted disk if I'm being generous. Each to their own though and I'm not at all seeking to disrespect your opinion, Cryptic33.  :1:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Cryptic33

No, I see where you are coming from and you have a point. However, I think for anyone to support the Jaguar these days deserves praise and support. I am disappointed with the homebrews I've seen so far but that is because I know what the machine can do and want the very best that can be programmed. That said, I wouldn't fancy doing the coding but when I win the lottery (a big win of course), I would happily plough a substantial amount in to get us all a number of current and well produced games for the system. Yes, pie in the sky or blue sky thinking but without dreams nothing ever changes, without ambition nothing gets done ;)

Rogue Trooper

I can 'side' with both the posters above-Any support for the Jaguar=A damn good thing, but...i personally would like to see something different to what used to be doing the rounds on the ST P.D scene and i'd know expect to see on say XBLA, so i'd welcome more projects like 'Fallen Angels' as i've never seen a modern take on Rescue On Fract/Behind Jaggi Lines until now, yet there's been plenty of Jetpac clones.

Guess bottom line boils down to time and resources and i do respect the hard graft that goes into producing any homebrew.

Cryptic33

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"...as i've never seen a modern take on Rescue On Fract/Behind Jaggi Lines until now...
If that could be done for the Jag it would be awesome  :42:

TL

Quote from: "Cryptic33"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"...as i've never seen a modern take on Rescue On Fract/Behind Jaggi Lines until now...
If that could be done for the Jag it would be awesome  :o

Fallen Angels, as Rogue Trooper already mentioned.

TL

Quote from: "Cryptic33"No, I see where you are coming from and you have a point. However, I think for anyone to support the Jaguar these days deserves praise and support. I am disappointed with the homebrews I've seen so far but that is because I know what the machine can do and want the very best that can be programmed.

There are some terrible homebrews for the Jag that would be more at home on a 8-bit machine let alone the Atari ST but there are also quite a few cracking ones too. Games like Fallen Angels, Tube: SE and Battlesphere are the the only ones that push the machine from a technical perspective but titles like Impulse X, Painter, Jagmania and Gorf are more than worthy of your time and represent some of the best games on the system from a gameplay perspective.

Cryptic33

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Cryptic33"
If that could be done for the Jag it would be awesome  :o

Fallen Angels, as Rogue Trooper already mentioned.

Oh right, thanks. I don't always read these things right. I will have a look at that though God knows when I'll get a CD unit for my Jag :39: