Predator Light Gun for Saturn query

Started by dcultrapro, February 18, 2014, 01:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

Hey gang, so I got my new tv and its pretty awesome for my gaming needs and it does appear to be working with the predator light gun however I need to try and calibrate it as it appears to be horribly off centre, it only recognises 2 in 10 shots the rest of the time it just keeps reloading. Does anyone know of a good way to calibrate it or correct it or is it a case of its impossible? thanks
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"Hey gang, so I got my new tv and its pretty awesome for my gaming needs and it does appear to be working with the predator light gun however I need to try and calibrate it as it appears to be horribly off centre, it only recognises 2 in 10 shots the rest of the time it just keeps reloading. Does anyone know of a good way to calibrate it or correct it or is it a case of its impossible? thanks

Most light gun games on the Saturn have a calibration screen, but the main thing that affects a light gun is the TV brightness, so that is something you can play around with.

dcultrapro

Cool, I do remember seeing a calibration function at some point but dont think die hard arcade has one, I am pretty sure hotd did so I'll give that a whirl.

Does anyone know if the predator light gun is compatible with ps2 as well as ps1?
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Not sure. I can't wait to see a review video of what you think of the Predator Light Gun. Happy Aiming!

dcultrapro

Well I've no plans to do that at the moment but we'll see, I've had my predator since time in Memorium lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

I just picked up a couple of Saturn controllers and thinking of getting a light gun as well. Maybe you could share your thoughts on what games work best with one?

dcultrapro

Well iv only ever had the 3 light gun games on the Saturn, die hard trilogy, hotd and cript killer, they work fine tho it definitelt needs calibrating lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Thanks for the heads up. I have been thinking about die hard trilogy but will keep an eye out on the other two.

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"Well iv only ever had the 3 light gun games on the Saturn, die hard trilogy, hotd and cript killer, they work fine tho it definitelt needs calibrating lol

You don't have Virtua Cop 1&2  :o

Mighty Hits is good fun too and I really like Chaos Control.

dcultrapro

Oh shit yeah I do I completely forgot lol, I havent long owned them though to be fair  :27:
Ultrapro on xbox live