Perfect Retro game night.

Started by Ryuhi, April 18, 2022, 22:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuhi

Hi Guys,

Have not been on here in a while but a conversation I had recently I thought would be interesting to put on this forum.

Rules are simple. You are hosting a retro game night and can only have one game per console you own (imagine you have enough TVs to have them all on at the same time if don't already) which games do you pick?

Below are my picks:

1. Mega Drive - My first console is a mega drive and the game I would pick is Micro Machines V2. A racing game is always a good place to start plus this game has the infamous J-Cart which allows for four players without a multi-tap.

2. PS1- Second console is a PlayStation and for this one I would go with a fighting game and what else would you pick but the classic Tekken 3. I personally think it is a perfect fighting game.

3. PS2 - For my PlayStation 2 I am going to cheat a bit. I am going to pick TMNT 3 because it has the SNES classic Turtles in Time in it. Also it is great as you can use a multi-tap for four players.

4.Wii - This one is easy for me. Got to be Super Smash Bros. The Wii has a lot of games that are great for a party but for me smash is the best.

5. XBOX 360 - Got to have a sports game somewhere so I think putting a games a FIFA on the Xbox is best. Probably would pick FIFA 08 or maybe FIFA 15 because I just like the stats of the teams I support in those games.

6. Switch - Finally for the Switch I would pick Mario Kart 8 simply because you can't go wrong with good ol' Mario kart.

I am sure a few guys on here can come up with much more interesting choices than I.

TrekMD

OK, I'm game....

1.  Atari 2600:  Medieval Mayhem - this four player game can be lots of fun with friends.

2.  Atari 7800:  Asteroids - the coop mode would be another good one with friends.

3.  Genesis:  Ms. Pac-Man - it's a classic and it does have two-player simultaneous play.

4.  GameCube:  Rampage Total Destruction - based on a classic and another game that can be enjoyed with simultaneous play

5.  NES:  Double Dragon II - another classic

6.  Dreamcast:  Marvel vs. Capcom 2

7.  PS2:  Pinball Hall of Fame - pinball games are always fun!

8.  PS4:  Wipeout Omega Collection

9.  Xbox: OutRun 2006

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Ryuhi

Nice choices :) especially love double dragon, mvsc and rampage.