CD-i Controller Mod

Started by Vyothric, May 10, 2013, 21:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyothric

I have one of these CD-i controllers:

I wired Up and the C button to a switch so I can use the C button to jump like on Mega Drive games. I also swapped the A & B buttons as (I think) A is normally the main action button.

I numbered some of the pins in red. I lifted pin 18 - This is up, so the black wire is soldered to this pin and goes to the middle of the switch. Blue wire = up on the d-pad - this is soldered to the point on the board beneath pin 18 - wire goes to one end of the switch. Yellow wire = C button - this goes to the other end of the switch.

Pins 1 & 24 are A & B. So to swap them I lifted both pins and wired them to the points on the board.

Where the red line is, there was a piece of metal connecting the two points. This is where the C button normally goes, so I removed it.

onthinice

I really would like to get a CD-i again. Nice mod, Vyo!

Arethius_RGC

Does it improve the gameplay of the zelda plateformer?

Vyothric

Yeah, that was the main reason for modding it. Only played it briefly so far though, just to test it.

Arethius_RGC

OK,

looking foward to read more about it ^^

zapiy

Don't know how I missed this but brilliant work again fella.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC