Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minerals

Just brought Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 new and sealed for Dreamcast for just under £10  :D

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Minerals

Quote from: "zapiy"I got Hydro Thunder in Wales for £2.

Nice one, thats meant to be good.

Just won a Shadowman for £3.50 on ebay

Minerals

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

CeefaxOfDelphi

Mario 64...for the DS - so only semi retro

TrekMD

Quote from: "CeefaxOfDelphi"Mario 64...for the DS - so only semi retro

Hmm, maybe Crystal Mines for the DS also counts.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

CeefaxOfDelphi

Tech Romancer on Dreamcast as well.

(on the below - crystal mines look amusing - seems it was US only)

DEADDOLL666

I've not brought anything for awhile but was given a box of PS1 games the other day including tomb raider 2,tenchu,hogs of war,driver one and 2,tekken1,2,3 and many more :D
was well pleased lol

Minerals

tomwaits

Just bought:
Last Blade MVS cart (upgrade from my NGCD version... no more load times!)
Taisen Tanto-R Sega ST-V cart (last game in the Mega Puzzle & Action series... 1998 JPN arcade game that never had a home release)

Only $10 each, but postage from China was almost $20. They should get here sometime in May. :D

zapiy

Great price.. Really need to look at another big purchase.. Maybe a Neo Geo of some sort.

tomwaits

Quote from: "zapiy"Great price.. Really need to look at another big purchase.. Maybe a Neo Geo of some sort.

The Neo Geo is an amazing system... not just for fighters but also some great exclusive puzzle games, shmups, arcade style sports, and other genres. If you decide to get one I'd definitely suggest an MVS (arcade) mobo, cheap supergun (Vogatek?), and maybe an MVS multicart to start out. All of the pieces are pretty cheap, esp. in the UK where you can run SCART RGB straight from the supergun.

AES (home console) games are overpriced collector's items and the library is a small subset of the MVS library. There's nothing that's AES exclusive so if you just want to play the games MVS is the best option.

zapiy

Right, thats my new project..

Will start a new thread so not hijacking this to much...