Sega CD 'Game Code Modifications' :p

Started by Saturn, August 12, 2015, 22:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Quote from: sonicclassicfan90s on May 21, 2019, 20:31:48 PM
Quote from: Saturn on May 21, 2019, 02:24:18 AM
Quote from: sonicclassicfan90s on May 18, 2019, 15:44:23 PM
Is It possible to look at Sega CD The Eternal Champions Challenge From The Dark Side like Infinite Health and Infinite Time etc? If you have the time thanks :)

Hi, I managed to get the inf time but infinite health affects both players so it was moot.
Looked ridiculous fighting forever with no timer counting down..

Eternal Champions:
Infinite Time:
search: 000104F6302D00A4720181013B4000A4
replace:000104F6302D00A472018101600200A4

Thanks for looking for the Infinite Health which can't be used. And the Infinite time as well which seems to be pointless like you said fighting forever lol 😂
I attempted to hack P1 health a few weeks ago but same problem. A few days ago I asked Tony Hedstrom about it over at gamehackers.org and he came up with a working way to pull off infinite health.
https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/video-game-hacking-and-development/retro-hacking/7598-sega-mega-cd-iso-hacks-editors?p=212868#post212868

I've tried the code and it works great! Tony also has several more and very new editors he's created to autopatch roms and isos in this thread starting around page 16. I grabbed the one he made for Soul Star and patched a bin file to find 0 damage inflicted, even shots from above. His Aim Assist selections are handy too. :D

Saturn

onthinice

Thank you! I have been interested in playing my Sega CD but sadly my skills are aging. Any help to my game play is appreciated.

Saturn

Quote from: onthinice on December 21, 2020, 00:03:07 AM
Thank you! I have been interested in playing my Sega CD but sadly my skills are aging. Any help to my game play is appreciated.
You're welcome and same here! I posted in the thread at ghacker that I could last more than 20 seconds now in a round.
This game wasn't very easy to begin with but now has some play/replay value to me :)

onthinice

Hopefully, my Sega CD unit still powers up. Haven't played on it in years. If it does. Mickey Mania will be one of the first games to try.

Saturn

Awesome, would be great to know if it works on real hardware.
I use Fusion with Perfect Sync enabled. I think I've tested the first 5 games in the list on the real thing.
The rest are unknown.

onthinice

Thank you, Saturn. I was not even thinking of using Fusion. It would do away with the slow load times on some of the games.

Saturn

You're welcome :)
I'm playing now, full screen with the timer hack.
Takes a while but I'm winning every fight  lol