Retro Adverts

Started by Carlos, December 15, 2012, 17:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Love the Conker's Bad Fur Day ;D
Don't recall ever seeing that commercial. Might needed to have come with a PG rating!

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

More great ads. The Rent-A-Center one was awesome. Get an Atari 2600 free for as long as you rent a tv from them. That rocks, would be nice if they did that with PS4s :D
The Combat Control Pad for Star Trek is unique. I didn't have that game so didn't know it existed. Must be a high value collector's item nowadays.

Never heard of any of the stores listed at the end of that last commercial. Probably all defunct now. Man, how times change :-X

TrekMD

I thought the Star Trek ad was great with the kid dressed us as a Vulcan at the end!  I have the game and it does include the controller overlay. 

Saturn

Awesome, yeah that kid was all decked out lol. He looked very familiar and although I couldn't place who he was or resembled, I can't help but think he went on to bigger and better things in TV or Hollywood. Wish there was an IMDB style site for advertisements. Would be much harder to look them up too.
This is going to bug me until I figure it out. Stupid OCD ::)

TrekMD

Here are a couple more...

Saturn

Those are outstanding. Wish I had one of those watches today!

TrekMD

You have wonder how much they'd be worth today!  LOL

Saturn

No doubt, was wondering if someone still had a pallet or two of these that didn't sell back in the day. They'd be sitting on a gold mine!
Reminded me of all the copies of Aircars for the Jaguar that a guy at ICD told me were still in their old building in Downer's Grove Illinois back in 2003. I'd actually called the number on the site and spoke to the owner lol. Thought it was time to do a stealth raid on the location to recover as many as possible but learned later that the building had fallen to disrepair and loiterers who pretty much ransacked the place. Nothing left but broken glass and garbage. Too bad really. I woulda mounted the operation in a heartbeat 8)

But, back on topic, yeah these would be priceless whether they functioned or not imo. Just to have one under glass would make my year :)

TrekMD

These items can surprise us sometimes, in the value the get. I have a Mickey Mouse watch from when I was 5 years old.  It's one of those that you wind up. It still works, even if it shows its age.  It still has the original wristband which was made in leather.  I'm sure it could be restored to look like new again.

TrekMD

Can't undertand any of it but it is a cool Vectrex commercial...

Shadowrunner

Very cool. I had no idea Bandai released the Vectrex in Japan.

TrekMD

Me neither but it was cool to see that commercial!

TrekMD

TrekMD

Here are a few additional Atari advertisements.  Gotta love these...