Spectrum Next Thread

Started by zapiy, March 22, 2018, 23:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

A place to chat about this new system.
Who's is getting one and a place to track new game dev.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Sokurah

I'm getting a full cased one. Just the base model though - no Pie0 extension.
Also developing a game for it.
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

zapiy

Nice one, any sneak peaks?

These look great.

No Mercy
Source: HERE

Dungeonette

Source: HERE

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

AmigaJay

2nd image isnt loading for me Zapiy.

Yeah this is one of the few fpga machines that is actually getting software made for it, nearly bought one on kickstarter last year but so wary of hardware issues and major delays, but after following it looks like the cases and rest of boards will be done soonish, the only worry is people are starting to want them but could be as late as next year for people who want one who is not on the kickstarter list, not that i can afford one anyway!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

I’m the same, not got the cashola for one just yet but I will want one at some point.

I was like you, worried about hardware issues and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sokurah

Quote from: zapiy on March 22, 2018, 23:54:44 PM
Nice one, any sneak peaks?
No, too early for mine as it's still running with temp-gfx.
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

zapiy

Well I look forward to seeing what your coming up with.

Saturn

This baby is ready to go? Sorry to be a dud but it's the first I've heard of it.
Found the site here: https://www.specnext.com/

If I'm getting one it's going to be this badboy 8)
https://www.specnext.com/product/zx-spectrum-next-accelerated-computer/

They're out of stock at the moment but hopefully will have more soon. I've been on a gaming spending spree lately and now want to add this to the pile. Loving the way retro gaming is shaping up in the last years and look forward to more systems being released :D :D :D :D

zapiy

Good to hear fella. It’s looking like a nice piece of kit that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zapiy

Saturn

zapiy

I thought you would like that mate.

DeadVoivod

Quote from: Saturn on March 25, 2018, 15:59:31 PM
If I'm getting one it's going to be this badboy 8)
https://www.specnext.com/product/zx-spectrum-next-accelerated-computer/

That one looks like a winner!!

Sadly I was never really into the Speccy, not very popular around here, more C64, Atari 800XL and the Amstrad (Schneider) CPC464.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...