Moving

Started by zapiy, July 03, 2017, 16:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Guys,

I am moving the site to a new host that's more managed as I can not dedicate the backend time needed anymore, the time spent in there is stopping me using the site as a fan.

There maybe down time as I do this so please be aware.

The pricing is £10/$12 a month instead of the current £25/$33 a month.

Massive saving.

Nothing else should change.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Dreamcast Gamer

When will the move happen?

TrekMD

Sounds like a win-win.  More managed on the back-end and cheaper. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Yes, although its not dedicated server space it should be fit for our purpose.

As for the move, not sure yet. I'll keep you all posted.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Ok I have moved two of the sites on the server, i have @Greyfox 2 sites to move now and then I will move RVG, i am thinking sometime next week, please bare in min it might take 24 hrs from shut down to restart.

I will give you all a heads up once I start the transfer process.

TrekMD

OK, good.  Maybe you need to send an email notifying everyone of this so people are aware should they try to come back and not be able to connect. 

zapiy

Cracking idea pal.

Then we can look at migrating to wordpress for the frontend.

zapiy

Email sent and process started now..

Sokurah

Welcome back. :-)
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

zapiy

Hello

Cheers pal.

Bloody harder this time than expected.

TrekMD

Looks that way.  We lost the theme but the site is online.  :)

zapiy

Yes the designer of that theme has closed his support website so unless I can figure it out then we need to work on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrunner

I'm having a problem. I'm at work and I was on the site on my computer and it was working but then I got an error and I can't get back on. Using my phone now but every time I try on the computer I get "Your connection to this server has been blocked in the server's firewall." Then it says my IP address has been blocked and I need to contact the server owner. Help?

Shadowrunner

And now I'm back in again and it seems to be working okay, strange.

zapiy

Strange. Let's keep an eye on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk