Let's Compare Hard Drivin'

Started by TrekMD, July 31, 2014, 00:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Hard Drivin' is a driving arcade game that invites players to test drive a high-powered sports car on stunt and speed courses. The game was released in 1989, when arcade driving games were implemented with scaled 2D sprites and when filled-polygon 3D graphics of any kind were rare in games.  Hard Drivin' featured one of the first 3D polygon driving environment via a simulator cabinet.   Hard Drivin' was ported to various home systems, including computers, consoles, and handhelds.  So, how do those compare?  Let's check them out:

[align=center:2k29r7je]Let's Compare ( Hard Drivin' )[/align:2k29r7je]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I'll be honest here, I enjoyed the ad at the beginning of the video more so than ever playing this game! That said, the arcade game looks good for the time. Of the home versions I think the Amiga and Genesis/MD versions look the best.

TrekMD

I never played this in the arcade but I do remember seeing the cabinets. 

guest5158

Never played it, but the arcade, MS-DOS and PS2/Xbox/Gamecube releases look the best...spectrum definitely looked the worst

zapiy

I think the Amiga version is the best but i personally loved playing the Lynx version..  :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

onthinice

Never knew there were so many versions. One of the first games I bought for my Genesis. Along with Golden Axe, Shinobi, Super Hang-On, and Columns.

sloan

The game just always struck me as slow and clunky. Maybe I came upon it too late in its life.

TrekMD

Quote from: "sloan"The game just always struck me as slow and clunky. Maybe I came upon it too late in its life.

Hey sloan, good to have you back!

sloan

Good to be back. Thanks. Took a long sabbatical.

TrekMD

Quote from: "sloan"Good to be back. Thanks. Took a long sabbatical.
You and Ice both did, so I'm glad you both have returned.  :) 

onthinice

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "sloan"Good to be back. Thanks. Took a long sabbatical.
You and Ice both did, so I'm glad you both have returned.  :21: Memories :113:

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"We spent hours hitting the cow and seeing who could crash the best. Never thought to record those crashes.  :113:

Hmm, so for you the game was Hard Cowin'?   :21:

onthinice

:24: Yeah. We all wanted to try Cow Tipping but to chicken to go. So we stuck with video games.