SNK Neo Geo Thread

Started by TrekMD, August 25, 2013, 22:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Just found this video from the folks at Game Sack looking at the Neo Geo CD.  Have a look...

[align=center:fz9a2xdv]Game Sack - The Neo Geo CD[/align:fz9a2xdv]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

I always thought it was a neat alternative to the cart version. Never owned one. I did use the DreamCast to emulate the discs. Not the same but it was neat to see what the Neo Geo CD was really like.

AmigaJay

I owned a CDZ for a few years around 2000, really enjoyed the system, its probably my second favourite console (well the aes if i could afford one!) has the highest ratio of great games.
The only bad thing was the loading on the cd systems, though the CDZ was double speed so it wasn't too bad, certainly quicker than downloading and installing and then updating a game nowadays!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Pretty cool, Jay.  Good to see that the system was worth it. :)

zapiy

Yeah like you I really want one but the costs are so prohibitive to me at the moment.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, price is holding me back as well.  I keep checking to see if the prices goes down on Amazon.  I even checked to see if they'd cleared it at my local Toys'R'Us stores but they don't even carry it.

Shadowrunner

I love my Neo Geo CD, I was actually playing it earlier today. I'm starting to build a good collection too. I now have 2 systems(1 Japanese, 1 USA), and I think I have close to 60 games now. There was only 100 games released so I'm doing pretty good  :) I'm going to take some pictures soon and post them.

TrekMD

That's an excellent collection.  You're doing very good indeed!

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"That's an excellent collection.  You're doing very good indeed!

Thanks  :)

Alberto 2K

Congratulations onthinice, you own a nice collection!

I had a NeoCD in 1996 but sold it a year later to buy a Saturn. A couple of years back I had the luck to find an almost unplayed console which was bought in the same place I bought mine. The owner played it for less than a week and stored it for 15+ years. One controller is still sealed and the memory of the console is still unformatted.

This console is great and most of the games are really affordable compared to the cartridges, most of them have enhanced music and more options. The fail was some games have smaller sprites and details and the loading times are huge in games but overall is a very nice system with top games.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Ben

I just ran across this on a Neo Geo forum I read, it's an episode of a 90's French sitcom with a Neo Geo tie in (featuring the AES for about 2/3 of the episode.  I think I still prefer Drew Carey's obsession with all things Sega, though.  Neo Geo home system French Sitcom AES

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Greyfox

this was a great show, some brilliant games on that Neo-Geo machine :)

Saturn

Great video. That console is remarkable and I'd love to have one.
Wish I'd been collecting for it all along. Have to say, the fighting games are unmatched 8)