2048 - New Sega Mega Drive Homebrew

Started by TL, April 30, 2014, 20:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:7wosoht4]

[size=140]Flash based puzzle game 2048 is without doubt the new craze among casual gamers. Quick to cash in on the success of the game homebrewers have been busy putting out conversions for every system under the sun and now Sega Mega Drive owners can join owners of the console's big brother (the Master System) as well as owners of the Commodore 16 and Atari 2600 in enjoying this game too. [/size]

[size=140]This version for Sega's 16-bit console was programmed solely by Sprites Mind forum member Oerg866 with special shoutouts to Sanky who is programming the upcoming Game Boy port and TmEE who playtested the game for him. He has also released the full source code to allow other people to port/adapt his project for other machines or make improvements as they wish![/size]

[size=140]The Sega Mega Drive version of 2048 can now been downloaded for free to use with real hardware, via a flash cartridge, or your favourite emulator. You can read more about the project and add your own comments in the development thread over at Sprites Mind forum. You can also watch a video of the game in action below![/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size]

[Full GamePlay] 2048 by Oerg866 (Homebrew) [Sega MegaDrive/Genesis][/align:7wosoht4]

TrekMD

That's cool.  You see, going the way of Flappy Bird!  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Great stuff, not sure its my type of game though.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dra600n

This game has been my latest obsession, just the iOS version. I've gotten the 4096 block in 2 separate games, almost halfway to getting the 8192 block on my last attempt. It's very addicting, that's for sure. This port is very well done, so I may have to ask permission from Oergg if I can put it on cart :)

TL

Quote from: "dra600n"This game has been my latest obsession, just the iOS version. I've gotten the 4096 block in 2 separate games, almost halfway to getting the 8192 block on my last attempt. It's very addicting, that's for sure. This port is very well done, so I may have to ask permission from Oergg if I can put it on cart :)

I would love it on a cart!

dra600n

Quote from: "Gone"
Quote from: "dra600n"This game has been my latest obsession, just the iOS version. I've gotten the 4096 block in 2 separate games, almost halfway to getting the 8192 block on my last attempt. It's very addicting, that's for sure. This port is very well done, so I may have to ask permission from Oergg if I can put it on cart :) The current price is $37.50 + $5.00 S&H, however, a 25% discount is applied at checkout for this title :D (was going to do a promo code for the forum announcements, but paypal doesn't seem to have a promocode option).

The discount will most likely become the actual price after December, but just so you (and anyone else who's interested in a physical copy), it's now available!

(was considering making a new post, but since one already existed, I thought it was best to keep everything in here - if the mods feel that this should be its own thread, please let me know)

TrekMD

That's cool.  Thanks for posting about the cart release of the game! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Fantastic stuff,  i am sure a few will be picking that up :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC