Atari Lynx - Karate World Tour

Started by 108 Stars, November 28, 2012, 01:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Me neither to be fair pal. The game looks awesome 108Stars and that's what ultimately matters.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "zapiy"The game looks awesome 108Stars and that's what ultimately matters.
+1000!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Rogue Trooper

My only interest's in the game are purely along lines of how does it play? (hopefully as good as it looks) and just how do these guys get so much out of the hardware?.

Would love to see something like a 'Making of.........' on this and other Lynx homebrew.

Any 'word' from RG as to IF they intend to cover it?.

108 Stars

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. :)

Anyway, there is lots of things coming for the Lynx. This game, Green Little Quak-Quak, Space Ark, Pitfall (VCS port & enhanced version), Tiny Lynx Adventure enhanced, Wyvern Tales and the 1st person shooter by obchan where I help as well. GadgetUK just posted on AA that he is working on a Lynx version of Cabal. And Björn Spruck (a veteran Lynx homebrewer) showed me 3 or so Lynx projects that have been slumbering on his HDD for a decade, in part because nobody would do pixel-art, so I'll eventually help him out too.

Ouragan, the 3D-gyro-controlled Tempest-2000-clone for Lynx would also rock if released; the demo was popular at e-Jagfest, though some people did not like the 3D effect.

Also there will be a coding competition next year, who knows what will come out of that.

It's great to be a Lynx-fan, and it's really worth it just for the ongoing support the system receives even if you do not like the original games from back in the day. :)
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TrekMD

Dang, looks like Atari's other cat will have plenty of new stuff coming out!  Awesome!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I just wanted to get this out there:

I have no wish to get involved in all this drama again, I was banned from AA a couple of years ago without any warning nor was I given a reason why. I can only assume the pathetic Jag scene politics had something to do with it. It's a shame because I always liked hanging out at Atari Age for the most part and feel I had a lot to offer the community there. I have not been back since, despite what people say (I have heard that I have signed up again using 20 different user names  8)

Rogue Trooper

@108 Stars:

1st and foremost, huge thanks for your on-going posts on here, whilst i'm sadly no longer a Lynx owner (just use Lynx emulation), i adore the homebrew scene with a passion, which kinda brings me onto my next point.

The coverage, ergo lack of at times, ATARI homebrew in RG magazine.No idea why the homebrew reviewer is so anti-Lynx, seems very blinkered approach to myself as the machine played host to some fantastic games and was well recived in the press.

Surely, as gamers, we'd be wanting to get the message out there and spread the love etc?.More homebrew that's encouraged, across ALL systems the better.

As for the info.mix up, lol, as long time reader you get used to that, so many mistakes in so many pieces.

If the Wii U gets MORE coverage than the homebrew scene, then something very Rum going on over there, i shall wait and see how things pan out.

Thanks yet again.

DreamcastRIP

The game looks wonderful and I wish all those involved the best of success with the project. I personally won't likely be purchasing it and I won't be going into the reasons for why as RVG is above that sort of thing.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

AmigaJay

Wow that really is shaping really nicely, congrats on the graphics, really nice work there, gutted I don't own a Lynx anymore (again down to some drama todo AA years ago that put me off doing another Lynx site so I ended selling all my gear) but look forward seeing a video and reading reviews when the game is finished.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018