What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

I was playing WWF Super Wrestlemania on the SNES today. It's lacking some of the modes and features of later 16 bit WWF games but still a lot of fun. Love the old wrestling games :)

Saturn

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I was playing WWF Super Wrestlemania on the SNES today. It's lacking some of the modes and features of later 16 bit WWF games but still a lot of fun. Love the old wrestling games 8)

Saturn

Been playing the Virtua Racing games for Genesis and 32X. In an attempt to get my racing fill with the steering patched Checkered Flag for Jaguar, I gave up as it's still unplayable and switched over to these. Some excellent work done here by Sega 8)

Shadowrunner

I've never tried Virtua Racing on the Genesis but I love the 32X version! Easily one of my favourite racing games of all time :)

Saturn

Quote from: Shadowrunner on August 15, 2016, 22:09:22 PM
I've never tried Virtua Racing on the Genesis but I love the 32X version! Easily one of my favourite racing games of all time :)
Well, the 32X is a great one, for sure. I'm going back to it soon to continue where I left off and see if I can shatter some personal bests :)

Been playing the hell (pun intended) outta Doom 64 for the N64 this weekend. Took just over 24 hours to play through with the help from some experts on YT and a few walkthrough clues to where the secrets are. Granted, I didn't come close to finishing at 100% but the goal was to experience the entire game in almost one sitting. Some fierce battles and tough enemies in this masterpiece of gaming bliss. Had this for almost 20 years and this is the first time I can recall playing for more than 30 minutes at once. What a great game 8)

Shadowrunner

Great job on Doom 64! I only got the game a couple years ago and I haven't played it that much. Sounds like I need to change that.

Saturn

Thanks Shadowrunner! One of the best experiences I can recall on the N64. Way late but still a blast. 8)

Saturn

I've played Sonic CD++ for about 3 days straight 8)
Never beat it back in the day and a after creating a few hacks, did it in 1 life

Check out this ridiculous high score

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Sonic CD is a great game. I did finish it back in the day but I'm sure if I tried to do that now I would need your cheats too!

After seeing all your posts about Doom lately I was in the mood, so over the weekend I played Doom II (love that Super Shotgun!), and Doom 64. Also played some Cruis'n World on the N64 which is a lot of fun.

Saturn

Awesome! I had Cruis'n World buy never played it. Now that that it's all missing I won't be able to. Well, the real thing anyway lol. I'll have to dig that one up and check it out 8)

And yeah, that super shotgun is GREAT. The effects are insane :D

ArcadeAction

Played some Alcon recently. It is like a vertical version of Gradius with a similar power up scheme.

Saturn

Revisited Soulstar on SegaCD last night to update some hacks. Working great btw :p
Made a video of the final boss battle:

TrekMD

Cool!  How long were you playing to make it to the end?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

I think it was between 30-45 minutes. I can do it again and time it or record the whole game. Was in and out doing hacks and working. I'd taken the easy path too so that affected it considerably. Love this game.