Author Topic: You fancy helping?  (Read 9862 times)

Offline bartread

• View Profile
    • https://arcade.ly
Re: You fancy helping?
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2016, 22:48:42 PM »
Hey, so I know you were after some articles.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for but I've been working on an Javascript/HTML5 version of Star Castle that I'm planning to release shortly. I would have had it done already but life being what it is, the current gig I'm on has overrun by a couple of months and is getting right in the way. There's a video of an early demo at . (Apologies for the crappy sound quality - couldn't get Soundflower to do proper duplex using the internal soundcard.)

Quite a lot has changed since that came out: scores, lives, level progression, better collision detection, it now works on both iOS and Android with hybrid touch/tilt controls. I'm also about to add game controller support because fundamentally, whilst touch can work really well for some types of games, I don't think it's great for controlling arcade style games. Still, once it's done you should be able to point your desktop/laptop/tablet/mobile browser at the URL and it should just work.

I think the game's probably easier than the original, at least on the lower levels. I wanted something that captured the spirit without being ludicrously hard from the outset, which I think would put a lot of people of... plus I don't have quite the same pressing need to extract as many 10p pieces from as many people as possible in the shortest time possible as a real arcade game.

Similarly I'd like to do versions of some other classics - Defender/Defender 2/Stargate being my immediate preference.

Anyway, point is, happy to write an article about it, if you think it would be interesting.

Cheers,

Bart

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2016, 23:15:13 PM »
Bart, absolutely, we want to cover all relevant stories on top of what we already do.. So please feel free.

Cracking work btw.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline MadCommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2016, 01:11:32 AM »
I wrote a couple of reviews for really obscure and typically British C64 games I could adapt for whatever the house style is here if wanted. If any admin staff want to see them on their host site I can send the links if required.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2016, 23:47:11 PM »
Can you pm TrekMD he is in charge of reviews..

Are you familiar with joomla?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline davyk

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2016, 20:41:11 PM »
WAHEY!!!

Able to log in again - at long last!!!

Happy to write reviews.. I know I promised coding help but just can't motivate myself that way after working in IT all day..

2600, SNES, NES, MD, Saturn, N64, DC, PS1/2, 360 and GC are all on my radar.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2016, 22:52:12 PM »
Cool, good to have you back!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »
Good to have you back chap, no worries on the coding but welcome to the review team.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2016, 16:04:43 PM »
Great to have a back Davy, looking forward to your reviews too. Have a good one.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2016, 20:56:44 PM »
Looking for avid fans of the scene to join the NEWS team..

Posting on the forum and the homepage all the latest news from around the scene.