Author Topic: Back in Time Sime - YouTube Show  (Read 716 times)

Offline Back in Time Sime

• View Profile
Back in Time Sime - YouTube Show
« on: January 15, 2018, 18:33:19 PM »
Hey all, this looks like a great forum to call home...

Glad it has a YouTube specific forum, saves me feeling guilty for posting in the wrong place  :P

So I run a weekly retro review show, and release a new video each Thursday, all reviews are from my collection, so I can show manuals and all that good stuff, the show is super casual, I like to leave in the mistakes and make it feel like a coversation rather than anything formal, have enough of that at work right  :)

Its a new channel and getting the word out for people to watch seems almost impossible, so I would really (really, really) appriciate more views, if you dont like it, well thats ok  ;D my daftness aint for all... But least knowing poeple have given it a look least makes me feel I tried :)

I like to keep it all family friendly also...

So would really like some feedback, make sure I am on the correct path to enlightenment :)

This week it was Rush'N Attack for the NES, brilliant game and I feel my best show so far, so if you are guna check one out, check out this one...

I will post each weeks new show here, but if you want to subscribe, well... Oohhhh, just do it...

Rest of the shows are on the main page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjX19copJKwkPuvebRWBoxw

Mix of Dreamcast, Arcade, PC-Engine, SNES, NES and Megadrive, over the next few weeks I already have some Commodore 64 and XBOX reviews... so stay tuned...

So thanks again for reading and for sure I will be on the forum and checking out the other YouTube channels you have posted here...

If you read all this... well done...

Taaa
Sime
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjX19copJKwkPuvebRWBoxw - New retro review each Thursday...

• View Profile
Re: Back in Time Sime - YouTube Show
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 18:35:56 PM »
Stuck it in the wrong place, what a knob...

If somebody could move it to the YouTube forum... sorry...

:-X
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjX19copJKwkPuvebRWBoxw - New retro review each Thursday...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 19:46:04 PM »
All done, and welcome to the site. :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 20:17:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  I'll be checking out your videos.  Feel free to look around and post on any topic you like (we don't mind about necroposting) or start any topic that is of interest to you.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 22:16:55 PM »
Perfect, thanks for moving it... for sure will be sending some time around here, nice forums and nicely setup :)

Let me knoe what you think of the channel...

Taaaa

Offline Dreamcast Gamer

• Global Moderator
  • OH WINDOWS 98 IS SO COOL!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Dremcast Gamer On YouTube
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 22:29:42 PM »
I'm quite impressed!  Those videos are much better than my first ones were :)

The main thing that could be improved is the thumbnails.  It might be a good idea to make them less identical :)

I've subscribed 8)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 22:31:29 PM »
Hey Sime,

Thanks for joining us, appreciate taking the time, love the vids, we are avid fans of promoting members youtube channels in return for a bit of activity on the forum and maybe the occasional mention on their vids but that's up to the individual..

Look forward to getting to know you.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 18:14:31 PM »
Thanks for the comments, all seems to be good... Will maybe change the thumbnails, only so many shots of my face I can do... So will have a think :)

Thanks for the subs...

Dreamcast Gamer, for sure will check out your channel... I assume its mainly Dreamcast :) gota love the Dreamcast....

Offline Dreamcast Gamer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 18:47:57 PM »
Thanks for the comments, all seems to be good... Will maybe change the thumbnails, only so many shots of my face I can do... So will have a think :)

Thanks for the subs...

Dreamcast Gamer, for sure will check out your channel... I assume its mainly Dreamcast :) gota love the Dreamcast....
LOL, my channel has almost nothing to do with the Dreamcast.  I started out being mainly DC, but now it's just a name I hold on to.  I'm basically all things retro gaming.  My channel is fairly family friendly as well (excluding scammer videos because those guys are nasty).

As for your thumbnails, I was thinking more like you holding a copy of each game.  That's a good way to start with them :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 19:40:36 PM »
Just watched your video and subscribed BITS. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 18:22:35 PM »
Thanks you all for your support, I have listened to the comments and will take them on....

I will post here what I have posted elsewhere, as just had everything spun on its head...

Well I had a terrible shock yesterday, collapsed out side of Tescos (getting fuel for car), had a seizure that seems to have lasted a long amount of time, I dont remember much of this, work up in a ambalance on the way to A&E... Brains scans, blood scans later, no sign of the cause has been found...

What a differance a day makes, makes you think...

Until they have worked out why this happened I am not aloud to work, and this could be the case for up to a year...

Was layed off from a 17 year job 4 months again so was doing temp work as that was all I have get...

So sure you can imagine, this one evening has spun my life on its head...

Only benefit right now is I can spend more time on my YouTube channel, and I would really appriciate the support of the community at a time like this as you can imagine, so please if you can find the time, check out my channel, it would make a somewhat busted old man feel just a little better...

This week is Star Wars Racers on Dreamcast...

Offline Dreamcast Gamer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 18:53:05 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope they find an answer soon so you can get back to work.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 23:45:47 PM »
Man, life can change so quickly.  I hope they are able to find the cause of your seizure so it can be properly treated and you can get your job again. 

I'll watching your video later today.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, little time for relection is never a bad thing, reminds you of whats important, with luck it was a one off (been a tricky few months), thats the hope anyway...

Taa
Sime

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 09:24:15 AM »
Bloody hell mate. Sorry to hear this, my wife started having seizures they never found a real cause but they think it’s bought on be extreme anxiety. Since she has controlled those symptoms so has the seizures, strange I know but true all the same.

You have our support bud.

Do you have a twitter feed?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC