Author Topic: How I Got My PS1  (Read 177 times)

Offline Toxic Tech Tat

• LINTY
    • View Profile
    • PocketLintWorld
How I Got My PS1
« on: January 04, 2018, 00:56:52 AM »
Here's a little anecdote on how I got my PS1.
My dad walked into my room and said he found a cable box/VCR or something sitting on the curb waiting for bulk trash on top of some old trash and furniture. He handed it to me, and little did we know, SCPH-1001 from November 1996. It was raining that night, so he said just open the lid and set it upside down for a few days. Did so, and plugged it in... and it booted up! I took some alcohol to the lens on a Q-tip, and now it's a fully working PS1. How incredible. I also obtained the world's first DVD player this way. You never know. If you see an electronic-looking box on the curb, take it! Where I'm at, all bulk trash goes to the curb, it might be different or even illegal where you are (like in NY). But here, it's legal and if I see tech, i take it! XD
Life isn't like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños.What you do tonight might burn your backside tomorrow!

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: How I Got My PS1
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:51:13 AM »
Oh, wow, that is awesome!  Great way to get a PS1!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 18:47:38 PM »
Awesome lol, amazed it still worked.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 19:31:41 PM »
One man's garbage is another man's treasure.  Very true in this scenario, right?  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 13:56:23 PM »
I'm sure loads of people feel that way, I know i've bagged a few bargains that way before.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Back in Time Sime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 13:37:18 PM »
I worked at Tandy, and used to pay £25 a month for a share scheme, so end of the year I sold it and got Gran Turismo... it was worth it...
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjX19copJKwkPuvebRWBoxw - New retro review each Thursday...