Author Topic: Centron3D for Falcon030 Update.  (Read 162 times)

Offline RPC_GAMES

• View Profile
    • http://www.rpcgames.com.au
Centron3D for Falcon030 Update.
« on: December 28, 2017, 06:34:09 AM »
Hi Guys, Pete here from RPC-GAMES!. Just an update for you all.
Centron3D for the Atari Falcon030 is coming together nicely.
Attached is the into screen with the Atari logo spinning on the screen. (Bottom left).
I've still got a lot of work to do but I'm getting there. All the 23 levels of 16bit graphics (65536 colours) is done and I can say that they ALL look very impressive. The Amiga500 version only had 64 colours where as the Falcon030 has 65536 colours even on the game field. YES it's a Falcon030 Hi-colour game.
While writing the game in 68030 assembly I couldn't believe the speed of the Falcon030. Ours only runs at 16Mhz with 14MB of ram and the speed of loading from HardDisk is incredible. Levels, sprites and sound samples all load massively fast and thats without an accelerator card. I'm very impressed with the Atari Falcon030, just Love it.
What a fantastic home computer.
Ok, so I'm still working on the game code at the moment and it's quite easy for me. I'm hoping to finish it a few months. I should have the first YouTube video in a few weeks so I'll let everyone know when it's done.
Thanks Guys....... Have you played Atari today? LOL. Love that jingle. :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: Centron3D for Falcon030 Update.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 14:41:12 PM »
Thanks for the update, Pete!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »
Looking good Pete..

Keep us updated mate.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline RPC_GAMES

• View Profile
    • http://www.rpcgames.com.au
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:16:00 AM »
Thanks guys. I've just finished the intro screen, Atari logo animation and changing on screen text. You'll see what I mean in a few days.
I'll record the intro tomorrow and upload it to my youtube channel. I'll put the link on here when it's done.
No sound yet as I haven't written the tune. I won't use the Amiga500 ver as it used a .MOD file. I'll be attempting to do a full intro song
in 16bit Audio using my Roland JP-8000 and Ensoniq TS-12 Synthesizers, guitars, and vocals. Yes a real song on the Falcon030.
Anyway, I'll upload a video on YouTube in a day or so and put the link on here.

Thanks again guys for the support. :)
Pete
CEO / RPC_GAMES!
www.rpcgames.com.au

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 23:52:56 PM »
Nice one Pete, look forward to seeing that mate.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC