Author Topic: Ready Player One  (Read 161 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Ready Player One
« on: July 24, 2017, 02:49:48 AM »
This is coming in 2018 and it looks quite interesting...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline tomwaits

• View Profile
Re: Ready Player One
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 16:19:42 PM »
The book was excellent. Filled with 80's culture and classic gaming references. There are challenges in the novel involving Joust, Tempest, Pac-Man, Zork, etc. And, the overall story is built on an interesting adventure game inspired structure.

The movie script has gone through a few re-writes... and this trailer makes it look like it's going to end up being a generic mainstream action movie. Hopefully they can get enough of the story into a 2 hour film to capture the book's appeal, but this first trailer seems like they've headed in the wrong direction.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 23:04:29 PM »
I didn't even know this was based on a book!  That is cool but, as is the case far too often, the movie will fall short of the book.  We'll have to see.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 14:50:52 PM »
Well, I hope they prove Tom wrong and reflect more of the book. I have put the book in my basket on Amazon UK to order later, just £6.29 with free p&p. Kindle is just £1.30 so, I look forward to reading this.

The trailer, for me, is ok but much of what they show has already been done. My real interest however, is the from the Tron like sequences. Time will tell.

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t look for sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks.