Author Topic: Opera scam Warning at RVG  (Read 2326 times)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Opera scam Warning at RVG
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 07:36:52 AM »
What page is this on?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline 108 Stars

• View Profile
    • http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
I am getting the warning again.

This was funny at first, but right now I am beginning to wonder if your site has not been infected with some malware you are unaware of. You make the warning disappear, but it comes back, so I presume there must be something going on you are unaware of...
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 11:17:24 AM »
I am looking into it. From what I can gather is someone may have a signature that's got a malware link.

BTW I am not making anything disappear. That's the weird thing about this, how does it come and go. When you get it please get the page details from the warning you get. Cheers.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 16:25:07 PM »
My attack is coming from the home page. The attacking computer is corporate.aftabcurrency.net

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 17:13:58 PM »
Ok when you get that can you view more details and send to me.

I have removed loads of site features and stopped certain code for signatures.

Any change?

Offline 108 Stars

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 18:31:19 PM »
I don't know the cause, my link is directly to the forum overview, and I don't see any details, just that the site is "blacklisted"
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 18:46:01 PM »
In non-technical terms, just what exactly is this malware doing? whats the risk?
(basically WTF is the malware doing? key logger or what?)

just checked with I.E smartscreen, link still clear.

Offline 108 Stars

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 19:08:29 PM »
Malware can be everything that's bad for your computer. Key loggers for example as you said. Mal stands for malicous, can be any kind of viruses I guess.

Offline DreamcastRIP

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 19:11:02 PM »
I told zapiy that him using an Amstrad CPC to run the forum would only ever end in tears but he just wouldn't listen.  :4:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 19:27:21 PM »
This is extremely hard to pin down. There is no knowing what the threat level is but any threat level is more than we want. Like I have said I have scanned the main files and there is nothing in the files so there must be a link somewhere.

We will find it, what annoys me about these detecting program's is they say you have a threat but don't pinpoint it.

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 19:28:01 PM »
Had a keylogger on my PC years back, plus those 'fake' anti-virus things.assume here only PC's could be effected? the web browser on 360 (which i'm using) does'nt allow download of anything it seems.tried to download music, pictures etc, it said oh no!

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 19:46:59 PM »
I don't get any warnings of any kind on either of my PC's using Google Chrome with Spybot and MS Security Essentials.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 19:59:36 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
This is extremely hard to pin down. There is no knowing what the threat level is but any threat level is more than we want. Like I have said I have scanned the main files and there is nothing in the files so there must be a link somewhere.

We will find it, what annoys me about these detecting program's is they say you have a threat but don't pinpoint it.

You can try communicating with the manufacturer of whatever software is flagging the site to find out.  Sometimes, there is nothing wrong at all and they are flagging the site for no reason. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 20:11:54 PM »
I myself have not encountered anything of malware, spyware, Trojan activity of any kind or pop ups or security breach messages at all on the forum when loading (all tested will a clean cache), browser Firefox 20.0.1, internet explorer 10 x64 bit, security software: Zone Alarm Security 2013 pro edition, plus malware bytes 1.75 pro

tablet devices used
Ipad 2 , safari, Perfect browser (latest versions)
Android tablet 10" and Arcos Gamepad tablet both running, opera Mini / mobile (latest versions)
LG p990 smart phone using it's in house browser and Opera Mobile (Latest versions)

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 20:19:24 PM »
Like i say there was a 'blip' on I.E on 360 few days back, smart screen filter gave a warning site had been reported for Malware, but that's gone now.

Friend of mine years back (techno-savy person) had spate of bad luck, via Firefox security update his laptop picked up a keylogger, he had PC wiped etc said 'I'll be bloody careful from now on!' (famous last words) then weeks after, fell for a scam email claiming to be from his bank, asking him to update his security profile, all they needed was current password etc etc, which he gave, thought no more of it until out shopping with the missus next day, went to pay, no money in account, been cleaned out by someone in USA!.

Could'nt believe he fell for that old scam, but just proves enough do.