Space Patrol for Intellivision

Started by TrekMD, August 28, 2012, 17:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[size=140]I thought it proper to share this.  Space Patrol for Intellivision will be re-released next month.  This has been described as one of the best homebrew games for the system and has been very hard to find since it was first released.  The web page does not offer info on the re-release yet but it will be released at the same time as Christmas Carol.[/size]

[align=center:cdbzm4nf][size=180]Space Patrol[/size]

[/align:cdbzm4nf]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I am guessing this is a Moon Patrol clone?

onthinice

If it is it sure looks better. That buggy doesn't look like a rat.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I am guessing this is a Moon Patrol clone?

It certainly is!  I've seen copies of the original release selling for $400 on Ebay.  So, I'm happy that it will be released again. 

onthinice

So are you buying two? One to play and one to keep up?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"So are you buying two? One to play and one to keep up?
Nah, just one.  :)  I bet that seller won't be happy when he finds they've been released again.  He has been trying to sell it at that price for weeks!

onthinice

I really do not know much about homebrews. Are homebrew collectors as bad as Nintendo and Sony collectors?

Some only want the original instead of Greatest Hits or Million seller.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I really do not know much about homebrews. Are homebrew collectors as bad as Nintendo and Sony collectors?

Some only want the original instead of Greatest Hits or Million seller.

Homebrews are part of the reason these consoles stay alive.  I mean, look at D2K and compare that to the original release of DK on the Intellivision.  Space Patrol is another great example. 

Because homebrews are released in limited numbers, generally, they become instant collectibles also. 

onthinice

So the first Space Patrol is collectible but not $400.00 collectible?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"So the first Space Patrol is collectible but not $400.00 collectible?

I don't think so!

onthinice

TrekMD

Well, I should say it isn't worth that much to me.  It may be worth that much to other folks.  I mean, after all, there are games that are even more expensive on the Jaguar.

TrekMD

For anyone interested, Space Patrol is now available to order.  It is only available in limited quantities!

Space Patrol

[align=center:ru6eptke]

[/align:ru6eptke]

onthinice

TrekMD

You're welcome.  I have already received my copy, so I'll be trying it out and writing a review once I have a chance to play it (which will be after I recover from my surgery).  :)