The MB Vectrex Thread

Started by TL, August 24, 2012, 17:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwaits

I don't have a 3D Imager, but '3D Pole Position' definitely seems to be the standard version on my multicart also. The 3D retail games in bank 1 just boot to a black screen without the Imager. '3D Pole Position' boots and plays fine.

The only difference that I noticed against the retail version is that it's labeled as '3D Pole Position' on both the multicart menu and the game's title screen. Strange.

TrekMD

I was very disappointed when I tried it out.  Here's I was hoping to hear the disc spinning and then see the game in color and in 3D.  Well, none of that happened!  Oh well.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

thedamnedunited

Yay - picked up a boxed Vectrex on Fleabay tonight. Just a couple of games with it but delighted to have won it.

Here's the eBay piccies :

TL

Nice one!

Very jealous!!!  :16:

thedamnedunited

Quote from: "The Laird"Nice one!

Very jealous!!!  :16:

Cheers !

There's always this one still for sale on EBay :-O

http://bit.ly/ZGc1XU

Lovely condition but oh that price !!

TL

Quote from: "thedamnedunited"
Quote from: "The Laird"Nice one!

Very jealous!!!  :13:

Thanks but I will pass!

thedamnedunited

Found this Multi Cart on E bay which looks similar to the one reviewed above.

Managed to get it for £34 inc P&P

TrekMD

Nice finds!  A boxed Vectrex is something to be jealous of!  :)

thedamnedunited

Quote from: "TrekMD"Nice finds!  A boxed Vectrex is something to be jealous of!  :D

TrekMD

Quote from: "TrekMD"Nice finds!  A boxed Vectrex is something to be jealous of!  :D

Cool.  See if you can post some pics of it here.  :)

thedamnedunited

Quote from: "TrekMD"

Cool.  See if you can post some pics of it here.  :)

Will do !

onthinice

davyk

Gorgeous console the Vectrex. My only experience of it is playing Mine Storm in Woolworths until the shop assistant switched it off to get rid of me - great Asteroids clone with a few tweaks thrown in. Went back several times!

I had a 2600 at the time, and lucky to have it, so there was no way I could have got one - and the relatively limited library was a bit of a put off at the time (though we all know that quality is better than quantity),

Wasn't there supposed to be a keyboard produced for it for use as a micro ? Or did I dream that?

I saw one in the window of a retro/vintage shop a while back but it disappeared very quickly - would pick one up if the timing was right re cash etc.

thedamnedunited

Yay - it has arrived today at work. Just plugged it in and had a quick game and it works perfectly :)

It has 3 games with it so that will keep me busy for a couple of hours over the weekend. Just waiting for the 32 games in 1 cartridge to arrive.

So pleased with this - as you guys have mentioned in this thread, it's a lovely system and I am delighted to have got one in good condition.

DreamcastRIP

Delighted for you, tdu.  :1:

If you're anything like me you'll find which Vectrex games you enjoy playing the most off said multi-cart and then buy the originals anyway... just to own the funky screen overlays!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac