Battle Of The Bands: Commando (Computers)

Started by TL, August 20, 2012, 15:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose your favourite version!

Sinclair Spectrum
0 (0%)
Amstrad CPC
0 (0%)
Commodore 64
6 (66.7%)
Atari ST
0 (0%)
BBC Micro
0 (0%)
Commodore Amiga
3 (33.3%)
Atari XL/XE
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: August 20, 2012, 15:27:42 PM

TL

[align=center:11j2w8uu]

[size=240]Commando[/size]

[size=180]Part 2: Home Computers[/size]

Commando was a massive smash hit in the arcades and the game that really put the now legendary Capcom on the map and inspired a string of clones and sequels.

It's classic drum driven music is now very well known but the question is which home computer did the best rendition of it?

ZX Spectrum ULA plus games: Commando
Sinclair Spectrum

Commando - Amstrad CPC
Amstrad CPC

Commodore 64 Music - 016 - Commando
Commodore 64

ATARI ST COMMANDO
Atari ST[/align:11j2w8uu]

TL

TrekMD

My vote goes to the Amiga.  Some of these made my ears hurt! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

As much as I hate to say it the C64 remix was my favourite  :-[

Vyothric

Ah, so that's where that music is from. I've heard it at 8 bit lounge several times.

Console Compulsive

TL

Quote from: "Vyothric"Ah, so that's where that music is from. I've heard it at 8 bit lounge several times.

It's a pretty famous tune!

Mire Mare

Quote from: "The Laird"As much as I hate to say it the C64 remix was my favourite  :D

Greyfox

Quote from: "The Laird"As much as I hate to say it the C64 remix was my favourite  :-[

yes for me also..the others just didn't seem right or sound like the original Arcade music as closely as the C64 version did..so c64 version it is for me.

TL

Quote from: "Greyfox"
Quote from: "The Laird"As much as I hate to say it the C64 remix was my favourite  :-

Greyfox

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Greyfox"
Quote from: "The Laird"As much as I hate to say it the C64 remix was my favourite  :-

ohh but it does.....from 19 seconds in on the c64 version..but either way the c64 version triumphs over the rest..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX0rW4bKp3U

TL

Its clearly a remix and sounds quite different, the ST version is the most accurate.

However I agree the C64 is the best one (for once!)

Greyfox

hahaha..okay bro..we can both put our guns slowly back in their hostlers :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL