Games you know are bad but you love them anyway!

Started by TL, August 20, 2012, 14:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Everyone has those guilty pleasures, games that are terrible but for some reason you like them.

I probably have a few but the first one that springs to mind is Kasumi Ninja, mainly for this guy:

Angus McGreggor Fan Club

Angus McGregor - what a legend!  :D

TrekMD

Oh yes, my guilty bad-game pleasure is Star Fox for the 2600!

VGC gave this game an F- but I love it!  My sister and I had a blast playing it.  All the stuff VGC says is bad about the game is what makes it fun for me because it is challenging. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I have never played and don't own it  :o

Will have to look out for it now!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I have never played and don't own it  :o

Will have to look out for it now!

It was one of those games that sold for $9.95 back then.  They came in small orange boxes.

It is not a spectacular games by any means, but I do find it fun to play.

TL

Ahhh Mythicon, I have a couple of their games and they are both utterly woeful!  :P

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Ahhh Mythicon, I have a couple of their games and they are both utterly woeful!  :P

This is the only one of their games that I have. 

Mire Mare

Current gen has to be Bullet Witch.  I had such a lot of fun playing this game that I finished it 4 times or so.  Not sure I'd go back to it now though.

There are a few old C64 games I'd play quite often, even though they were panned by critics, including Cobra, Danger Mouse, Rigel's Revenge, Street Surfer, Garfield BFHD.  There was Highlander on the Beeb too - we used to play this on school machines.

I'm sure there are many more!

dcultrapro

mine has to be the LEGENDARY Supreme Warrior for Sega CD!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=321tpgm8iZU

people bash the crap out of this game for its lame video sequences but personally I actually really like it, its endearing and if you can get the hang of the controls it can actually be pretty fun, certainly its more responsive and requires greater accuracy than Surgical Strike
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

I have heard loads about how awful that game is but I have never played it!

dcultrapro

well if you want I could bring it to Retrovision 2 ;)
Ultrapro on xbox live

zapiy

Had a look in a couple of 2nd hand stores in Weymouth. Plenty of Gameboys and games. Nothing I could find that I wanted until my lad spotted a Sega Saturn shelf of games. Grabbed Sega Rally from the poor bunch.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"Had a look in a couple of 2nd hand stores in Weymouth. Plenty of Gameboys and games. Nothing I could find that I wanted until my lad spotted a Sega Saturn shelf of games. Grabbed Sega Rally from the poor bunch.

Sega Rally is probably the best game on the system!  8)

guest4277

TL

OMG! I remember my brother buying that just because of the "cool" title  :o

I seem to remember he got Skateboard Joust around the same time for similar reasons!

TrekMD

A game that always gets a lot of hate (so much so that it is always mentioned when the North American Video Game Crash is mentioned) is E.T.  on the Atari 2600.  I don't care what the haters say, I like this game.  It is a game with an ending, which is a rarity for the 2600. 

[align=center:2xyok811]E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Atari 2600) Walkthrough and Easter Eggs[/align:2xyok811]